DCI World Championship Prelims - Thursday, August 8, 2019

13 minutes ago, cfirwin3 said:

GE is hitting a ceiling.  Bloo got one perfect score in achievement tonight and there will be more by finals.  The spread will have to be maintained... so the real make-up (it looks to me) is for BD to place one spot higher in brass, percussion, or music analysis.

This is where it gets scary for the Bluecoats. If GE scores tighten at all, they could slip to second, even if everything else stays where it is. The spread is just that close. If the Blue Devils win over just one GE judge (perhaps with a visual emphasis), it could be enough.

i honestly think the winner of semis wins it all. Going on last at finals is a big advantage and allows you to max out in your best captions. Only .1 apart tonight, this could still go either way. What an exciting finish!!!

Just now, Cappybara said:

This would be valid if the panels were the exact same every night. But they're not and we've seen one judge rate completely different from another 

We've seen placements move around.  But the margins remain tight.

It's one thing to say that corps x was 2nd in basket weaving one night and 8th the next.  It's another to say that the difference was .15.  That's what is going on.

1 minute ago, Everyfan said:

This is where it gets scary for the Bluecoats. If GE scores tighten at all, they could slip to second, even if everything else stays where it is. The spread is just that close. If the Blue Devils win over just one GE judge (perhaps with a visual emphasis), it could be enough.

i honestly think the winner of semis wins it all. Going on last at finals is a big advantage and allows you to max out in your best captions. Only .1 apart tonight, this could still go either way. What an exciting finish!!!

2015 Carolina Crown would like a word.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

What i wouldn’t give to hear BD’s music tapes...

Gotta be getting hit on that closer, no? I agree with @DrumManTx — perfect perfect perfect, and then you get to the closer and it’s like, “Yeah, sure, cool!” rather than “I WOULD DIE FOR YOU BD” for me. 

Bloo will set the ceiling for GE (Their GE should be ONE of the highest scoring ever for a show possibly 39.8)

BD will set ceiling for Visual (I say around 29.75)

The fight will be in Music imo.

posted from the DrumScorps app

• Like 2

I’ve been hearing Bluecoats are peaking and the achievement arguments since day one and look where we are.  🙄

It is all relative.  Bluecoats are gonna have to get a little closer in visual and percussion to seal the deal but it’s been close since San Antonio.  If that’s what you wanna spend all your brain power on, fine.  They’re both amazing. I think we might see a record 2nd place score which currently belongs to 1989 Phantom Regiment with a 98.3 I believe?   

I am really bummed I can’t watch the first part of tomorrow.  Have a teaching gig.  But there is some really exciting stuff all the way up and down the leaderboard.  Just enjoy the season while we still can, and then we can.....discuss on Sunday.  Night.  

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1