DCI World Championship Prelims - Thursday, August 8, 2019

8 minutes ago, Everyfan said:

This is where it gets scary for the Bluecoats. If GE scores tighten at all, they could slip to second, even if everything else stays where it is. The spread is just that close. If the Blue Devils win over just one GE judge (perhaps with a visual emphasis), it could be enough.

i honestly think the winner of semis wins it all. Going on last at finals is a big advantage and allows you to max out in your best captions. Only .1 apart tonight, this could still go either way. What an exciting finish!!!

Chumley. 

I know this is probably an unpopular opinion, but based on what I saw and heard tonight, I think Crown is going to upset SCV and take third if not tomorrow on Saturday.  Anyone agree?

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

Just now, B-Flat said:

I know this is probably an unpopular opinion, but based on what I saw and heard tonight, I think Crown is going to upset SCV and take third if not tomorrow on Saturday.  Anyone agree?

I TOTALLY agree that is an unpopular opinion. 🙂

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Why does the spread have to be maintained? Just take a look at the GE2 judge who put Crown in 7th for GE content! That hasn't happened all season. One judge can have an opinion that flip flops BD and Bloo in the caption

Actually, they have sadly gotten 7th in that subcaption from a GE judge a few times. I think Atlanta and I know Murfreesboro are examples.

10 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

Look, I’m not trying to be argumentative, but the top two are not in fact dead even. One of the two has been winning almost every show this season including head to head. I still think blue Devils win the gold because that’s just how it goes, but right now the gold is the bluecoats to lose.

That’s just how what goes? 

2 minutes ago, B-Flat said:

I do agree.

• Like 2