DCI World Championship Prelims - Thursday, August 8, 2019

1 minute ago, B-Flat said:

I know this is probably an unpopular opinion, but based on what I saw and heard tonight, I think Crown is going to upset SCV and take third if not tomorrow on Saturday.  Anyone agree?

It is a possibility, especially if they have the energy they had in Allentown, but tonight  SCV was on fire and Crown had a strong opening and ballad. The ending  was good but not as strong as the beginning. Personally I think it will happen either at semi’s or Saturday night.

• Like 2

Just now, Tony Flores said:

Looking at the recaps...yeah I could never be a judge. I was just entertained tonight... Bring on tomorrow night

sub box integrity, people judging their sheet

Thank you to all the corps for the show, and to all the DCPers for your commentary. I had a blast, but I am grateful I don’t have the job of assigning scores. Many of you are far better qualified! Let’s do it again tomorrow.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MikeRapp said:

Eh Nashville laughed because it was so obvious. Give it to Boston, they are performing their show as good as it can be played. They have the least compelling book maybe in the top eight, but they are just killing the performances!

Would really love to see BAC win high guard this year - are the caption awards based on average over 3 nights? Or just finals?

Just now, tedrick said:

Would really love to see BAC win high guard this year - are the caption awards based on average over 3 nights? Or just finals?

Three night average. 

3 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

sub box integrity, people judging their sheet

I know it's not a great Jude grin the theatre but I wouldn't have had Bloo only. 05 from crown...GE numbers are legit. But as they said, the top line of the effect sheet is audience engagement and the audience was engaged for Bloo, so. Looking forward to tomorrow at home.

For me this year has some of the most amazing shows from all the corps  the top 15 all have some power and beautiful moments for me. Not once did i find myself hoping one is over fast to get to one i like better.  It was a great night for me.  The top 6 are stellar.

Edited by Jast45
  • Like 3

I can't be the only person let down by the end of Bluecoats show. 30 seconds of Hey Jude doesn't cut it for me as an "encore". Crowd reaction seems rather tame at the end too. Its not a get on your feet and scream memorable ending. It's a stand up and applause "that's nice" kind of ending to me.

I know people seem to be down on the BD ending but I think it is more effective than the Bluecoats ending.