DCI World Championship Prelims - Thursday, August 8, 2019

9 minutes ago, kevingamin said:

For once, I was sitting in what may be the best spot for balance between audio and visual at Lucas Oil Stadium, Section 240. I will say that the electronics for almost all of the corps were excellently balanced to my ear, nothing like what we've heard on FloMarching or the cinema.

And, Kevin, while we welcome you to Club 240, I think you're experiencing "better" than Flo but it's far from Goo-less.

And that said, I've never watched Finals week on Flo so I probably am not comparing it fairly either.

The sheer volume of Goo is horrid no matter the seats (and yes, they are pretty good seats).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, garfield said:

And, Kevin, while we welcome you to Club 240, I think you're experiencing "better" than Flo but it's far from Goo-less.

And that said, I've never watched Finals week on Flo so I probably am not comparing it fairly either.

The sheer volume of Goo is horrid no matter the seats (and yes, they are pretty good seats).

Hey, at least I made it to the club. Do I have to cut my sandwiches into triangles and make them with three slices of bread now?

Just now, kevingamin said:

Hey, at least I made it to the club. Do I have to cut my sandwiches into triangles and make them with three slices of bread now?

Only if you plan to share it with those around you.  And I learned the hard way: white, cloth napkins are mandatory.

Oh, and sparkling water only.

(BTW, outstanding reporting and even better pics.  You missed half the show typing and snapping, but we all appreciate your effort!)

2 minutes ago, garfield said:

Only if you plan to share it with those around you.  And I learned the hard way: white, cloth napkins are mandatory.

Oh, and sparkling water only.

(BTW, outstanding reporting and even better pics.  You missed half the show typing and snapping, but we all appreciate your effort!)

Like I say, I find I follow MORE of the show because of how much I pay attention when doing said typing and snapping.

Also, it helps I type 80+ WPM. 😄

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kevingamin said:

Also, it helps I type 80+ WPM. 😄

Ah, but as my Junior High typing teacher always pointed out:  Is that 80 CORRECT words per minute?  She always made us count the words and do the calcs during speed tests.

And this was on old manual typewriters...

Uphill both ways...

In the snow.

• Like 2

Just now, CrownBariDad said:

Ah, but as my Junior High typing teacher always pointed out:  Is that 80 CORRECT words per minute?  She always made us count the words and do the calcs during speed tests.

Uphill both ways...

In the snow.

Actually, I need to check that since I tend to correct on the fly. 

Just now, CrownBariDad said:

Uphill both ways...

In the snow.

Ha!  Yea, me, too!

But here we have Kevin's results and they seem pretty darn accurate (forget that he's also using spell check and accepting suggested words with one click... 🙂)

• Like 1

Just now, garfield said:

Ha!  Yea, me, too!

But here we have Kevin's results and they seem pretty darn accurate (forget that he's also using spell check and accepting suggested words with one click... 🙂)

Yeah, but how often does auto correct make things WORSE?!? 😂