DCI World Championship Prelims - Thursday, August 8, 2019

Just now, kevingamin said:

Yeah, but how often does auto correct make things WORSE?!? 😂

Ugh -- I was typing something on my smartphone the other day saying such-and-such Corps needs to step up and "seal the deal" and the autocorrect kept trying to change seal to deal and wouldn't let me finish. Sheesh!

And we've all seen autocorrect fail threads. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, garfield said:

And, Kevin, while we welcome you to Club 240, I think you're experiencing "better" than Flo but it's far from Goo-less.

And that said, I've never watched Finals week on Flo so I probably am not comparing it fairly either.

The sheer volume of Goo is horrid no matter the seats (and yes, they are pretty good seats).

If you are watching from Flo you might need to keep close attention to your volumes at home. It fluctuates like old school cable tv during commercial breaks. 

• Like 1

Just now, CrownBariDad said:

Ugh -- I was typing something on my smartphone the other day saying such-and-such Corps needs to step up and "seal the deal" and the autocorrect kept trying to change seal to deal and wouldn't let me finish. Sheesh!

And we've all seen autocorrect fail threads. 

It's even more fun when you're using a Bluetooth keyboard, yet the iPad still tries to correct you every chance it gets. 

• Like 1

Just now, E3D said:

If you are watching from Flo you might need to keep close attention to your volumes at home. It fluctuates like old school cable tv during commercial breaks. 

At least that's not just a Flo thing. I listen to baseball via the MLB At Bat app and the commercials between half innings go from nearly silent to monster truck commercial loud. 

Just now, kevingamin said:

It's even more fun when you're using a Bluetooth keyboard, yet the iPad still tries to correct you every chance it gets. 

Yep. 

I bought the Logitech keyboard and case for mine. Love it!

10 minutes ago, CrownBariDad said:

Ah, but as my Junior High typing teacher always pointed out:  Is that 80 CORRECT words per minute?  She always made us count the words and do the calcs during speed tests.

And this was on old manual typewriters...

Uphill both ways...

In the snow.

Not a big deal. We had to carry the typewriters with us everywhere we went - uphill , in the snow, through the floods, during the forest fire, after the earthquakes, mud slides. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, kevingamin said:

At least that's not just a Flo thing. I listen to baseball via the MLB At Bat app and the commercials between half innings go from nearly silent to monster truck commercial loud. 

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Just now, E3D said:

Not a big deal. We had to carry the typewriters with us everywhere we went - uphill , in the snow, through the floods, during the forest fire, after the earthquakes, mud slides. 

Did the teacher make you change the ribbons, too?

Blindfolded wearing boxing gloves?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, CrownBariDad said:

Did the teacher make you change the ribbons, too?

Blindfolded wearing boxing gloves?

Those old school IBM Selectric. Made out of Tank materials so as to make sure if you drop it on your foot - it will sufficiently crush it. 

We did it without the boxing gloves so I guess we cheated. 

• Haha 1