DCI World Championship Prelims - Thursday, August 8, 2019

Testing -- trying to quote another post and getting the 500 Internal Server Error. 

22 minutes ago, E3D said:

Those old school IBM Selectric. Made out of Tank materials so as to make sure if you drop it on your foot - it will sufficiently crush it. 

We did it without the boxing gloves so I guess we cheated. 

You and your fancy ball strike electric typewriter...

I learned to type on my mom's old manual Royal which had the keys that would jam if you went too fast and had close keys swinging up near one another and you had to pound them to get them to strike the ribbon and paper hard enough.   

When she got an electric you still had to hit those keys pretty well to make sure the contacts happened, but that wasn't an issue for me.   Switching to computer keyboards was more of a challenge as I'd beat the hell out of them typing.  It took me years to learn to type lightly enough.

Edited by KVG_DC
  • Haha 2

47 minutes ago, kevingamin said:

Yeah, but how often does auto correct make things WORSE?!? 😂

Re-reading some of the threads I only just now found out that autocorrect had changed my Colt Cadet comments to "Cold" Cadets. 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

I used to be very polite but I'm so tired of it.  

Not me, I was thankful and polite. I was a little chilly half the time yesterday so I thanked the seat hoppers for keeping my seat warm during intermission.  🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

I’m used to it by now but that got even my attention. 

It was so bad at my theater that I left midway thtough the Mandarians and asked for my money back.  And if you think PR was bad you should have heard SOA.  They should be penalized.

Edited by EricS

1 hour ago, garfield said:

I can tell you that it sounds exactly the same, or worse, in the stands. 

EDIT: And our seats are two rows above Kevin.  

Which corps?

48 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Which corps?

Yes? 😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, cfirwin3 said:

I have eyes to see and read and it's easy to compare the two.  No advanced degree needed.

Where's the eye roll reaction? Mods, get on it!

5 hours ago, garfield said:

And, Kevin, while we welcome you to Club 240, I think you're experiencing "better" than Flo but it's far from Goo-less.

And that said, I've never watched Finals week on Flo so I probably am not comparing it fairly either.

The sheer volume of Goo is horrid no matter the seats (and yes, they are pretty good seats).

To what extent do we think the corps are purposefully mixing thunderous goo into their audio output, vs the engineers just not knowing  what they are doing?