DCI World Championship Prelims - Thursday, August 8, 2019

3 minutes ago, wigwam said:

Can someone explain the difference between GE 1, 2, 3, & 4?

does GE 1 and 2 judge rage same thing?  

Yes. The only difference is the primary background of the judges. GE1 judges are generally visual judges; GE2 judges are generally music judges. But they’re all evaluating using the exact same criteria. 

1 minute ago, Terri Schehr said:

Blue Knights are like bathing in musical goodness.  I 💕them. 

Agree. Musically, they are going in their own (good) direction. Smooth and very easy on the ears. 

Those mirror props are very clever. From high in the stands, they’re close to invisible, allowing MMs and equipment to disappear from the field. 

Overall great design work by BK, plus their usual performance excellence. 

4 minutes ago, brassboy said:

Yes. The only difference is the primary background of the judges. GE1 judges are generally visual judges; GE2 judges are generally music judges. But they’re all evaluating using the exact same criteria. 

Thanks for the clarification.

So how can Crown win Music, but the GE 2 judge who has a music emphasis give them a 7 ranking? 

It just doesn’t make sense to me.  

9 minutes ago, wigwam said:

Thanks for the clarification.

So how can Crown win Music, but the GE 2 judge who has a music emphasis give them a 7 ranking? 

It just doesn’t make sense to me.  

GE isn’t evaluating their musical proficiency—that’s what the music captions are doing. GE is evaluating the program design and effectiveness.  

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

And by contrast, in my opinion, BD and Bloo have similar not-quite-interesting enough openers (I'm reminded of "A River Runs Through It", where the father keeps making the boys rewrite their essays "half as long"), but BD gets a slight edge there.

See I love BD’s long intros. i love that they structure their shows so that it doesn’t really “start” until the second movement. Whereas the first movement’s always: WE’RE HERE, BABY. It really makes the whole thing feel like an entire night at the theater, but in 11 minutes. The people making these nearly-3-hour Avengers movies could learn a thing or two ...

Just now, Dream Theater said:

Wow! Even the word D @ m and n isn’t allowed on this forum 

Yes we learned that last year when referring to Guardians' show.