DCI World Championship Prelims - Thursday, August 8, 2019

5 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Those of us who have observed the general trend since 2016 have also noted that Crown's show this year is a major exception.

They are all doing it.  Always have.  People just focus on what they don't like and gloss over what invalidates their gripes.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, DrumManTx said:

I think we might see a record 2nd place score which currently belongs to 1989 Phantom Regiment with a 98.3 I believe?   

I think BD owns the highest 2nd place score from 2004. 98.525. Summer Train Blues Mix show. Cavies first that year 98.700. 

Couple weeks ago i thought BDs highest scoring 3rd place show record of 97.7 was in danger of going down. But i don't think SCV/Crown get close to that now. Maybe high 96, low 97.

I really don't think we're going to see anything near a record score for 1st or 2nd place. Those happen when you have one or two corps who dominate across every caption. This year the top two will be feeling the pressure from the major talents right below them. It's likely that high brass, high percussion, and possibly even high guard will go to neither of them.

1 hour ago, cfirwin3 said:

They are all doing it.  Always have.  People just focus on what they don't like and gloss over what invalidates their gripes.

Yes, every single corps does some playing while moving. As has been shown, some of them are doing so far less than they did in years gone by. You have argued, complete with helpful video comparisons, that they are making up for it, as it were, by doing other things. But that doesn't mean some corps aren't doing more of it than others.

1 hour ago, cfirwin3 said:

Boy, you should add psychologist to your list of accomplishments!  You sure speak seem to claim qualification for speaking for everyone!

Kudos on your accomplishments!

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, garfield said:

Boy, you should add psychologist to your list of accomplishments!  You sure speak seem to claim qualification for speaking for everyone!

Kudos on your accomplishments!

To be fair I think it was the early morning glossing. 

I stayed at Holiday Inn Express last night. 

• Haha 1