DCI World Championship Prelims - Thursday, August 8, 2019

Just now, TerriTroop said:

I haven't done any hard looking at their design and instruction team. Am I the only one getting a strong BD circa 2001-2007 vibe? (I pulled those numbers kind of out of the air, but that's what my gut said) The show design, the horn writing, some of the pit transitional material, and the way they march and stage all feels super familiar.

Ballad is very BD.

• Like 1

Yeah, that performance EARNED a standing O. Get those hands together, people.

• Like 3

Wow PC!  You have worked so hard and improved so much this year.  I can't believe it.  This is the best PC corps ever, by far.  Congrats!  Finals next year?

• Like 1

We are now on a 1 hour intermission. When we come back, it’s cinecast time!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, mjoakes said:

This Pacific Crest show is more enjoyable for me than half the current top 12.

I think you could say the same for Spartans and Gold, maybe Legends as well. My constant #####ing about show design is beginning to recede, as it is clear that corps with more junior level talent are focusing more on show design to establish a presence. There is no excuse for some of the poor design decision among the current top 12.

I'm so glad the West Coast decided to stop being top-heavy and beefed up it lower Finals and high Semis representation. Such a unique vibe to every show.

first time in 10 years that i'll miss this.

i buy tickets every year to the nearest venue, which is 3 hours away.

i bought 4 tickets this year, but the 6 hours of driving isn't worth it for me since i don't like more than 2-3 shows in the entire top 16.

gave the tickets to my nephews and their friends who live there since they're non-refundable.  at least some good came out of it.  🙂

Spartans show design is good enough to be a medalist. And props are used very very well, but not in a stupid obtrusive way.

• Like 2

Oh goddddddddddddd the trumpet solo push into the Edward Scissorhands impact fu*ks me up EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. Something about the way those chords are laid out and the passion the whole brass line puts into that impact is just so ridiculously stirring!!!! I can't WAIT to hear that tomorrow on their last performance when they're giving it all they've got! 

What a magical, incredible show, Pacific Crest! I hope you all have the run of your lives tomorrow.

• Like 2