See you at DCA World Championships!

10 hours ago, goalieguy said:

And you liked THAT over Bonnie & Clyde??? - dude - you needed to see how hard it was to build that car - and to get Roger to learn how to shoot straight.:tounge2:

Personally - MBI's '13 show should have won!  Guess I'm a bit biased..

Pat

ahhh the evil Lutheran show. the ending just didn't quite do it.

On 8/27/2019 at 12:01 AM, Jeff Ream said:

2342 left!

and i promoted the event on 3 facebook groups today. more than I saw from DCA!

I only just bought my tickets in the past five minutes. Great seats both days: more than 20 rows up and only a few seats away from the 50. I always planned to go, but I just never got around to it and I knew there'd be no rush.

It shouldn't be that way. Even the little DCI open class show 20 minutes from here in Avon Lake gets a bigger crowd. DCA championships are much more impressive! Although tickets are cheaper for the other one.

(I'm not on social media; nor do I know anyone personally who would be able to attend DCA, so I can't promote it anywhere but here.)

11 hours ago, goalieguy said:

Personally - MBI's '13 show should have won!  Guess I'm a bit biased..

I was surprised when Cabs jumped MBI in 2013. And I wasn't following DCA closely then and had seen none of the shows before attending Finals. But about three-fourths of the way through Bucs' show, their horn line runs diagonally forward while playing, and a friend and I turned to each other and said something like, "OK, they win."

As it turns out, it looks like I will be there for Finals, thanks to some friends from one of the corps. I cannot thank them enough. 

Very well might be the last time I ever see a DCA title show in person... and I certainly want to see Brenda with Cabs Alumni one more time. Neither one of us can predict our drum corps future... but we have a pretty good idea of where that is going.  LOL.

Still not sure about the transportation... up and back or stay over.  Priceline, and/or caffeine availability,  will make that decision. :laughing:

So... the streaming will have to wait another year.  LOL.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fran Haring said:

As it turns out, it looks like I will be there for Finals, thanks to some friends from one of the corps. I cannot thank them enough. 

Very well might be the last time I ever see a DCA title show in person... and I certainly want to see Brenda with Cabs Alumni one more time. Neither one of us can predict our drum corps future... but we have a pretty good idea of where that is going.  LOL.

Still not sure about the transportation... up and back or stay over.  Priceline, and/or caffeine availability,  will make that decision. :laughing:

Awesome! See you Sunday!

• Like 1

I had not planned on buying tickets (I have passes) however I had a friend who needed to get out of town for a few days  who now will be seeing her first Drum Corps show. I did not want her to sit by herself so I bought tickets to both finals and prelims so I can explain to her what is going on.  Speaking of attendance I brought my dad who marched senior corps in the 50 and 60's to a DCA show 4 years ago and he will not go back to another show, he thinks that it changed too much and he doesn't recognize the activity.. (Plus at 85 sitting for hours on a bleacher is tough).  So in spite of my issues with DCA I am helping to fill some bleachers this wekend,

1 hour ago, grenadasmoothie said:

Awesome! See you Sunday!

I'll stop by the table to say hello!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

I only just bought my tickets in the past five minutes. Great seats both days: more than 20 rows up and only a few seats away from the 50. I always planned to go, but I just never got around to it and I knew there'd be no rush.

It shouldn't be that way. Even the little DCI open class show 20 minutes from here in Avon Lake gets a bigger crowd. DCA championships are much more impressive! Although tickets are cheaper for the other one.

(I'm not on social media; nor do I know anyone personally who would be able to attend DCA, so I can't promote it anywhere but here.)

I bought during prelims last year at the stadium. I half thought I could wait, but decided to jump l. Don’t even know where next year is yet

3 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

I know people. I can get you a hot mic

• Like 2
  • Haha 1