See you at DCA World Championships!

29 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Note to self as easier to find it here...

Prelims start 4

Alumni 10

Finals 6

Start laptop hour before thanks to freaking MS and Verizon updates....

If Windows 10, add 45 minutes for 3 restarts. If Mcafee installed, add 22 minutes for 14 annoying nag boxes to tell you about how your antivirus definitions are out of date and the world is ending. And don't forget if you have any Office products installed, they just did a HUGE patch of those so add like....2 hours. So Jim...log in at 4am, finals start at 6pm. You should just make it in time. 

Thanks for the advice, guys.  I might be buying the Finals feed... first time I've done the streaming thing.

Not only for the DCA corps, but I'd like to catch Brenda with the Cabs Alumni. :inlove:

I'm a Windows 7 holdout until the forced upgrade in a few months.  LOL.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

If Windows 10, add 45 minutes for 3 restarts. If Mcafee installed, add 22 minutes for 14 annoying nag boxes to tell you about how your antivirus definitions are out of date and the world is ending. And don't forget if you have any Office products installed, they just did a HUGE patch of those so add like....2 hours. So Jim...log in at 4am, finals start at 6pm. You should just make it in time. 

Oh crap just bought Winblows Office for genealogy work. Turn on night before lol....

and yes Winblows.... Win10 loaded by itself on the old laptop one night. Left it on when having dinner and “what the heck’s running... oh bleep” (look out Fran). 😫

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

and yes Winblows.... Win10 loaded by itself on the old laptop one night. Left it on when having dinner and “what the heck’s running... oh bleep” (look out Fran). 😫

I probably should start checking the connections on Thursday. :tongue:

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Fran Haring said:

I probably should start checking the connections on Thursday. :tongue:

I have a Win7 desktop that I refuse to connect to the Internet. Figure any old software will still work on it. Everything else in the house is connected to house WiFi so no choice in updates.

51 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

I have a Win7 desktop that I refuse to connect to the Internet. Figure any old software will still work on it. Everything else in the house is connected to house WiFi so no choice in updates.

I'm sure one of the "Off-Topic" police will blow this thread up soon. But before they do:

1. I'm going to stream for the first time on my Windows 10 laptop so we'll see how it goes. I'm pretty savvy when it comes to tech so hopefully I'll be ok. 

2. Windows 10 is the devil...straight up...the DEVIL. My work laptop has Windows 10, Office 365 suite, Articulate 360 and the full Adobe Creative Suite. What I do now more than anything is more akin to high end advertising than it is actual instructional design. It's starting to become more online courses than actual true classroom facilitation. I run my laptop in "god Mode" so I can bypass all the bloatware than comes even on business machines these days. I get a laptop refresh (i.e. a brand new craptastic Dell laptop) every 3 months because we've found that we tend to break the PC's pretty frequently between every day use and constant updates and constantly getting on and of planes with the #### things. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

As the Chosen One, I hereby order everyone to attend DCA Finals.

OK, let's see if that works for me any better than it did for that other guy today.

Hmm, based on the responses, it appears that I alone can't fix it.

27 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Hmm, based on the responses, it appears that I alone can't fix it.

I'll be there next year either marching again (LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL) or as a very interested spectator. 

15 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

As the Chosen One, I hereby order everyone to attend DCA Finals.

OK, let's see if that works for me any better than it did for that other guy today.

easy Anakin. my seats are in front of the press box> i have the high ground

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

easy Anakin. my seats are in front of the press box> i have the high ground

Hopefully not in front of the camera... again...

that guy looks like jeff... oh

• Haha 1