lcarlton

See you at DCA World Championships!

Recommended Posts

Good morning DCP & Williamsport! About to load up Cabs' swag for 7 AM setup. While drinking my first of what will surely be many cups of coffee, caught Alan Buell on the local TV news talking up today's events.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't quite know where else to put this... but congratulations to the Freelancers mini-corps on their victory!!!

And congrats to the "Las Chicas" color guard ensemble of the Hawthorne Caballeros Alumni for their win!!! 

That group includes my sweetie Brenda, so I am very happy today. :thumbup: She now has won one more gold medal than I ever will. :tongue:

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

can't find the scores anywhere (and didn't stay). how was the spread?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, dbriggs said:

can't find the scores anywhere (and didn't stay). how was the spread?

About two points from Freelancers in 1st to Star United in 2nd.

97 and change to 95 and change.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

mentioned this another thread...if people didn't get the email, doesn't do social media or get a call or text from a friend...how many people show up tomorrow night?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

About two points from Freelancers in 1st to Star United in 2nd.

97 and change to 95 and change.

The Freelancers' score wasn't audible past "97" through the crowd noise. Star's was 95.17.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/29/2019 at 8:40 PM, Terri Schehr said:

Here’s the original order.  The first block looks a lot different. 

4:00pm                       Columbus Saints        Class A
4:17pm                       Govenaires                 Class A
4:34pm                       Southern Knights      Open Class
4:51pm                       Sunrisers                    Open Class
5:08pm                       Cincinnati Tradition  Open Class
5:25pm                       Carolina Gold             Class A
5:42pm                       Skyliners            

Yes, the Columbus Saints wouldn't have been able to perform if they went on at 10AM as they'd be missing nearly 40% of the corps. The extra hour made a huge difference though we had people literally rolling up as we took the field only to join us for finals in the evening.

About 40% of our corps are students in HS, College, or Band Directors who couldn't miss games or events on Friday, and thus had to leave Friday night around midnight driving through the night to arrive in the morning. We have a pretty sizable contingent from Cincinnati so that's an 8.5 hour drive (with stops) assuming you don't stop to sleep. 

We appreciate the gracious effect made by the other directors, and willingness of the Governaires to initiate the discussion on changing times to help us out. Class act!

Edited by lcarlton
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/1/2019 at 1:23 AM, N.E. Brigand said:

The Freelancers' score wasn't audible past "97" through the crowd noise. Star's was 95.17.

Congratulations to Freelancers!  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, lcarlton said:

Yes, the Columbus Saints wouldn't have been able to perform if they went on at 10AM as they'd be missing nearly 40% of the corps. The extra hour made a huge difference though we had people literally rolling up as we took the field only to join us for finals in the evening.

About 40% of our corps are students in HS, College, or Band Directors who couldn't miss games or events on Friday, and thus had to leave Friday night around midnight driving through the night to arrive in the morning. We have a pretty sizable contingent from Cincinnati so that's an 8.5 hour drive (with stops) assuming you don't stop to sleep. 

We appreciate the gracious effect made by the other directors, and willingness of the Governaires to initiate the discussion on changing times to help us out. Class act!

very cool everyone was willing to work with you all

Edited by Jeff Ream
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/27/2019 at 12:01 AM, Jeff Ream said:

Bush prelims last year. En Fuego

Oh, that whole daggone show was a Pu-38 explosive space modulator. One Earth Shattering Kaboom coming up.  Obviously Marvin wasn't at DCA weekend last year.

 

wheres-the-kaboom-theres-supposed-to-be-an-earth-shattering-kaboom-marvin-the-martian-12-21-12.jpg

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.