Lost in the discussion: How about Blue Stars?

Good. Lots of nice drill in that show. But the goo was pretty bad in the cinema. Also they could cut most of their voiceovers and drop the soft ending and it would be a better show.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Good. Lots of nice drill in that show. But the goo was pretty bad in the cinema. Also they could cut most of their voiceovers and drop the soft ending and it would be a better show.

Personal taste. I find the voiceovers and ending to be perfect. Think the emotional impact less without them. Cheers. 

• Like 1

I was really impressed with how much the show has been polished and perfected over the last week - great job! Would love to see them awarded a little bit more in GE so the could pass BK...

Blue Stars have done a great job of designing boutique shows for the past several years - unique stories, told in an engaging way -- they have been consistently strong in all areas --

Stop Start Keep

Stop show specific costumes every year
Start developing a consistent visual/costume/uniform look - I'd really like to see a signature uniform that communicates who you are and nails down your brand
Keep up the good work in perc, brass and guard - continue to build on your musical and visual execution talents

• Like 1

7 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

That ending for me also left me a little like - that's it? The 12 minutes up to that point were outstanding, though. Their best effort of the season last night by far. 

• Like 2

Soft endings can work, but I was sitting there in the theater thinking, "That show.  Needs a "lay everything out there" ending that makes my hair stand on end." 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

Soft endings can work, but I was sitting there in the theater thinking, "That show.  Needs a "lay everything out there" ending that makes my hair stand on end." 

It seems like for every 10 times a drum corps designer thinks 'you know what would be super original here? a soft ending!', 9 times it fails, 1 time it works really well. Its overdone.

I think the soft ending for this show doesnt really do it for me. The prior ending teased a big ending to be added, and then without it it just kind of fizzles. 

Edited by AlexL