Lost in the discussion: How about Blue Stars?

Just now, Brian Tuma said:

It’s funny how we all react differently. The soft ending gave me goosebumps. For so many of us the Jack London books were our introduction to serious literature as kids. The narration at the end was perfection imo. The narrator sounded a bit like Donald Southerland. 

Fair enough and a good point on Jack London. I'll give it another chance Saturday. Many fans are conditioned to be expecting those BATW endings. 

• Like 1

Well, do the Blue Stars go for another 8th place three-peat, again, next year or do they finally move up a placement? I really thought they had the talent and the show to place 7th, this year. I'm starting to believe that 8th place might be the best that Blue Stars can do. 

On 8/9/2019 at 1:31 AM, N.E. Brigand said:

Good. Lots of nice drill in that show. But the goo was pretty bad in the cinema. Also they could cut most of their voiceovers and drop the soft ending and it would be a better show.

Goo? Sure, voice overs, but Blue Stars use less electronic support than most. 

8 minutes ago, corps8294 said:

Well, do the Blue Stars go for another 8th place three-peat, again, next year or do they finally move up a placement? I really thought they had the talent and the show to place 7th, this year. I'm starting to believe that 8th place might be the best that Blue Stars can do. 

Well.. the last 3-peat it felt like it was narrowly got 8th, solidly got 8th, narrowly missed 7th

Last year was more 'solidly got 8th' and this year was more like 'narrowly missed 7th' so... maybe next year finally punches through the wall. 

But.. drum corps is tough, in that its not always enough to just get better. Sometimes to move up someone else has to also not get better, or else you're where you were when you started, placement-wise. 

2 minutes ago, mcjordansc said:

I definitely heard a couple moments where it was pretty strong on my sub during the Stars' show. Could have been placement of the mics though.

22 minutes ago, mcjordansc said:

If you scroll through the Finals thread, you'll find someone else grumbling about the Stars' synths. Less than most can still be too much.

36 minutes ago, corps8294 said:

What is important about the 8th place finish is that they stayed a head of The Cadets.  Corps get to pick what shows they want to go to in 2020 based off 2019  placement.  Blue Stars get to pick ahead of The Cadets which could result in a better tour. for them.