Spartans Encore Performance

23 hours ago, DrumManTx said:

They’re gonna get a way bigger crowd right after Bluecoats on Friday than performing way before the first corps steps off for finals.   

DrumManTx, I am sure that was DCI's intention. Apparently the audience didn't hear Brandt Crocker's announcement or they just ignored it, as they left their seats in droves.  In turn, denying the SPARTANS,  DCI's Open Class  World Champions, a larger portion of Love and recognition they and they performance so richly deserved. 

Truth be told, I was personally disappointed.  I was raised in Gardner, MA only a 36.5 mile drive from their home base in Nashua, NH.  The  Exhibition/Parade Corps I marched in was a friendly rival of theirs for membership, however our Corps' remained amiable  competitors throughout my  six years of experience marching along side the SPARTANS. Congratulations Champions,  I certainly was  cheering aloud for you. You certainly did yourselves and the Granite State Proud.

1 hour ago, skevinp said:

They should perform on finals night just before the 12th place corps, after the anthem and official start time.  Most people would be in their seats by then.

That would be better, I dont think this current setup worked well to keep people. I was with my son and the other age outs taking pictures during the Bluecoats.  So many people left right after the Bluecoats that I barely fought through the crowd and to my seat before the Spartans started.  🙁

2 hours ago, skevinp said:

They should perform on finals night just before the 12th place corps, after the anthem and official start time.  Most people would be in their seats by then.

What, and distract people away from the "money corps" and their sponsors?  Are you drunk?

(/sarcasm)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, skevinp said:

Spartans had already planned their week and were scheduled to depart after semi-finals and the age out ceremony to return to Nh. by Sunday morning. Many members and staff have to be at work and band camps for some members start on Monday.  They also had no housing for Friday night into Saturday.  

• Thanks 2

I agree that Spartans should be performing their encore tonight. With the age out ceremony, semi’s has more than enough happening. The encore should be on finals night. As fsthnds mentioned, there could be practical reasons. Though it was pretty clear to those of us lucky enough to see Spartans early in the season that they would most likely win OC, folks on the West Coast were saying the same about Gold. One more day in Indy would mean one more day with busses, one more day of housing, one more day of meals. It may have been an economic decision. 

I know quite a few Spartans folks. Some can’t get home fast enough, others wish Spartans was performing tonight, but all are proud and thrilled about the undefeated season and the title. 

• Like 1