DCI World Championship Semis - Friday, August 9, 2019

Great show MCDC, looking forward to what your third World Class show brings as you continue your plan to grow the corps.

• Like 2

Music City - last year’s show was a tough act to follow but they did it. Pure entertainment supported by clarity and performance that improved all through the season. DCI needs corps like this that grow to grace World Class with strong identity and wonderful music education opportunities. 

• Thanks 1

I would just like to say (maybe I'll expand on this later in the Music City thread) that this is the second year in a row the large majority of kids in Music City are crying after their final Semis run. If so many kids are emotional about their summer ending two seasons in a row, that tells me beyond most other measures that the corps is doing everything right and that these kids are consistently having phenomenal summer tours. I think that in itself is a huge measure of success.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Relative to several of the Open Class corps shows that it outscored, I think Jersey Surf's show is kind of boring.

BUT I absolutely do recognize that it's technically more ambitious, and I think it's good that they demonstrated this year that they can handle more challenging material well and probably finish with their highest final score since 2009.

Also, it's boring but VERY pretty.

This wont beat 12-14

• Like 1

Next on the field is Gold from Oceanside, California. Here is their 2019 program information, courtesy of Drum Corps Xperience:

The Pursuit of Happiness

Rat Race by Scott Director
Love, Love, Love, Love, Love Money by Scott Director
Happiness by Scott Director
Found by Scott Director

Phone call wakes up our main character, as he realizes he’s gotta get to the job, gotta get to work.

Guard is carrying silver briefcases as they take the road to the office.

Literally, there’s a road tarp across the entire field.

13 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

I'm not having any problems but I'm using the app on Roku.  I've not had problems in the past when taking the app on an iPad through HDMI to the TV either.   I swear there's something different between how they stream to the browser and how they stream to the app because the browser can give me fits like that when the app does not.

This. This has been my EXACT experience as well, not only during DCI but throughout the WGI season as well.