DCI World Championship Semis - Friday, August 9, 2019

I do not care for original music on the field, although Gold this year is one of the better offerings I've seen in awhile in that happily-fading trend.

But. Watching four performances of it in a week is enough to make it quite uninteresting on the fourth read, whereas I'm already anticipating listening to Legends & Spartans' for the fourth time.

Because I checked out a bit, I switched to High Cam and counted; looks like Gold is ever so slightly shy of a full corps at 151. A full 80 member brassline. Love that. It looks like guard is the only (slightly) smaller-than-traditional section at 28 members. 

Makes me wonder if they're the biggest OC corps?? Legends looks pretty darn close to a full 154 the last few seasons but I've never counted. 

Oh, and some of the city scape panels in the back field have the building “lights” “turned on” to spell H-A-P-P-I-N-E-S-S.

The music is becoming triumphant as the corps is finally finding their happiness. We’ve been finding it through them this entire show.

Just now, Precious Roy said:

I get a sense that Brandt Crocker doesn't care for single syllable corps names. He could so "welcome to the field, Gooooooooooollllllllrrr4rrrrrdghhcfghhddddd!" But instead chooses "Gold."

I want him to announce it like the prospectors in the Bugs Bunny cartoons.

Trumpet quartet nails their notes, then the horn line nails us!

MELLO SUSTAIN! I have goose bumps and it’s not from the AC!

The spelling of "HAPPINESS" on the skyline backdrops of Gold's show is nicely subtle.

Was that Gold's first time in semi's?  They looked pretty happy at the end.  🙂

Gold has a very bright future if they continue this path!  Wonderful job this season.

• Like 1

Gold

Du4Quza.jpg

6voDRKm.jpg

C7OB8C3.jpg

nGeMHzu.jpg

fOw5qiZ.jpg

posted from the DrumScorps app

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1