DCI World Championship Semis - Friday, August 9, 2019

Tasty playing from the percussion as the corps visually transitions to the next impact moment of the ballad.

Quick percussion intro into the next movement, definitely hear Enterprising Young Men in the pit. My favorite track from the new Star Trek soundtracks.

6 minutes ago, Musicman1084 said:

I was really hoping Spartans' score would increase to that 81+ range, but I'm still incredibly happy for that corps and what they accomplished this year.  I hope this show is just the first step in a new direction for them.

I'm so happy they were able to maintain 80+, considering what often happens to OC #'s on Friday 😊. Sure hope a good chunk of the crowd hangs out for their encore tonight!

• Like 1

Percussion comes forward with attitude to finish their feature.

Wicked unison note from the mellos!

Somewhat ashamed to say this is my first view of troopers all season and well, um I did not recognize them 

• Sad 1

Love the colors in the flags! Pastel yellows, oranges, and purples, matching what’s on the field on the tarps.

Horns come around the pit and finish in our faces!

Brass "Field" judge almost got mowed over at the sudden company front advance at the end of the Troopers show- ever since the rule change he must have lost some of his reflexes, that was close! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1