DCI World Championship Semis - Friday, August 9, 2019

Did they ditch the hoods we saw at Allentown?  I thought they were a neat way of upping the weirdness factor?   I noticed them missing last night.  Must have gotten judge comments about them being inconsistent and dirty visually or something.  

Just now, tedrick said:

There could be a big twitter eruption over this -- ala the guy from flo

I know, right.  Someone stop him before he hurts himself.  Geez…I can only imagine what’s going to come out next.  

Just now, KVG_DC said:

He hit Steve Rondinaro levels of broadcast preparation there...

Look I know these guys are legendary, and they have all truly paid their dues, but it is so time for fresh blood. The entire main broadcast crew is old enough to be grandparents to the marching members. Let someone else take a whack at this, for Pete’s sake. It’s way over time for a fresh approach.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Horns are still booking in this movement. A lot of double time movement during the build up to the impact.

Speaking of which, the impact makes great use of the props, which form a stage for the trumpets to perform from and a wall for the corps sound to reflect off of.

Wow! That got the Mandarins brass staff excited.

1 minute ago, tedrick said:

There could be a big twitter eruption over this -- ala the guy from flo

I did a search.  There's a pretty good lambasting.  

I'm already awarding Mandarins a full extra GE point for covering up that ugly giant white Colts football helmet right in the middle of the field. 

Best use of a tarp this year!

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

It’s impossible to believe that he thought about all the questions he was going to ask that kid, and somehow that made the short list.

That poor kid was put in a terrible position.  With not only people in the stadium, but those viewing on flomarching.