DCI World Championship Semis - Friday, August 9, 2019

It's interesting how one arranger can create music for two different corps and I can consistently love the arrangements for one corps but not for the other. 

Amazing BK, I thoroughly enjoyed that, so much emotion in yours shows year after year 

No Damp , I would say the music is not what stay's with me. 

The level of performance is but not the music. 

Just now, kevingamin said:

BK’s percussion playing is so dynamic. Kind of reminds me of how Crossmen’s drum line would play on Thurston charts.

Mike Jackson’s writing is legend. Every great lick he wrote for the trilogy is in this years’ show.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tad_MMA said:

Bocook wrote “Liquid” for the 2005 Cadets (99.15). I know it was 14 years ago, but there was so much more movement in ‘05. 

We can’t... do better. 

Originally titled “Waterworks.” Granted that Cadets corps was one of the best drum corps in history, so not really a fair comparison.

• Like 2

Just now, Cappybara said:

It's interesting how one arranger can create music for two different corps and I can consistently love the arrangements for one corps but not for the other. 

Amazing BK, I thoroughly enjoyed that, so much emotion in yours shows year after year 

Which Bocook Cadets shows don’t you like?

Oh Blue Knights - my favorite BK show I’ve seen (back to 2013). Very impressive how visual design and execution have grown to match the rest of this impressive corps. So expressive, courageous use of small moments and silence, paired with power and precision to create a show that is mysterious, ethereal and beautiful. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, garfield said:

Yes, that’s my answer and I’m sticking with it.

The Big L ruined me for Bridges. Love him as an actor, but he’s inextricably tied to a Russian ‘til his dying day.

He abides.

Edited by nsxanax
Spelling
  • Thanks 1

Just now, garfield said:

Mike Jackson’s writing is legend. Every great lick he wrote for the trilogy is in this years’ show.

His book two years ago was literally impossible to not watch. That percussion group controlled the entire field.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1