DCI World Championship Semis - Friday, August 9, 2019

Did the head fall off early onto the field?  And the guard guy went down there to pick it up?

Just now, Tad_MMA said:

Go watch Garfield ‘85. Seriously. 

I've seen it. Seriously. I'm not as old as some of the legacy members on this board, but I've seen every DCI Finalist show from 1987-present and probably several dozen other shows scattershot from 1986 and prior.

1 minute ago, Cappybara said:

I was referring to Boston actually, his arrangements for Boston just don't do anything for me. 

Though at the cadets I wasn't a fan of much of his arrangements in the 2000s. At the same time, he has arranged one of my favorite brass books ever (Cadets 2013)

He has been phenomenal at Blue Knights in my opinion. Im guessing the differences has to do with the design teams involved 

Jay Bocook is arranging for Boston?

Boston has an incredible guard again this year, but the brass and percussion arrangements are so off-putting that the show is hard to sit through.

Just now, DCI-86 said:

i Have never seen a guard this good. That was phenomenal and flawless. He guy playing David is just fearless and amazing. They deserve a perfect score in guard. 

They are athletes at a level we have rarely seen in this activity. Look at them before and after the show. They are just amazing athletes.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1