DCI World Championship Semis - Friday, August 9, 2019

1 minute ago, Hrothgar15 said:

Jay Bocook is arranging for Boston?

I was under the impression he was after all the staff changes that occurred in 2016. If he isn't, I'm just an idiot lol 

• Like 1

Just now, bluesman said:

Boston has an incredible guard again this year, but the brass and percussion arrangements are so off-putting that the show is hard to sit through.

They sort of dropped the ball IMO. They did throw away their shot this year. That brass book is one of the least challenging of the top 12. If they had written a medalist level brass book they might have taken a medal this year.

1 minute ago, brassboy said:

Did Goliath's head fall off early? If so, that's two nights in a row that Goliath lost his head early (I'm pretty sure it popped off too early yesterday too, but it was hard to tell on the broadcast).

It does appear there was a premature decapitation.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, kevingamin said:

I personally would get rid of the vocals from the ballad, or at least not feel the need to play them over the chorus every time they play it. We know the song.

Couldn't agree more. It's just bad to arrange it so brass doubles a vocal solo.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Terri Schehr said:

New tonight.

So two new "bits" added the last two nights.  I wonder what they're holding onto for tomorrow.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

Unbelievable Boston! You have got to see this show live. The guard was fabulous. The elements of work is superior to any other guard. Thank you thank you thank you! 

I said it last night and I’ll say it again. I’m in awe of BAC guard. Truly incredible. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1