DCI World Championship Semis - Friday, August 9, 2019

40 minutes ago, kevingamin said:

Next on the field is the Boston Crusaders from Boston, Massachusetts. Here is their 2019 program information, courtesy of Drum Corps Xperience:

Goliath

Enough of Our Machines by Ryan Lott
Everybody Wants to Rule the World by Roland Orzabal | Ian Stanley | Chris Hughes
On the Shoulders of Giants by Peter Graham
Giant Steps by John Coltrane
My Shot by Lin-Manuel Miranda
Fanfare for Rocky by Bill Conti
Once Upon a Castle by Michael Daugherty

1. Just sent a link of video of "Goliath" to someone I once knew very slightly who knows ... well, we'll see if it bears any fruit.

2. This is a pretty interesting video about "Giant Steps":

Carolina Crown

HTaKwHx.jpg

wfAQSZA.jpg

2Nb8cEi.jpg

PE8ky53.jpg

y6qFCtt.jpg

posted from the DrumScorps app

• Like 7

My goodness, the level of performance in these shows is truly epic. It was just a few years ago we were hoping Boston would make Finals. Now they are bringing the house down, chasing a Cavaliers show that has the best ballad of the season and won’t even medal! Then you have Crown again winning brass...and possibly not medaling!

Cant say enough good about these programs. These kids are laying it all on the line!

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, kevingamin said:

I love this opener. Christopher Tin is an underrated composer and I could use more of his work on the field.

You and I agree here! He’s said on Reddit he’s all for it, too!

• Like 2

it was cool seeing the drum line behind the platform cheering on the horn line in the ballad

• Like 2

1 minute ago, N.E. Brigand said:

1. Just sent a link of video of "Goliath" to someone I once knew very slightly who knows ... well, we'll see if it bears any fruit.

2. This is a pretty interesting video about "Giant Steps":

Giant Steps is a monster.  I wish it got more time in Boston's show but I can totally understand why it doesn't.  It'd be an interesting number to build a whole show around.  

For the obvious reasons to love Crown  musically, there is equal reason to not love that visual GE production. Guard doesn’t spend together and the props can’t be seen at all up top. Don’t know how they’re beating Cavaliers and Boston in visual, GE or guard. In fact I don’t believe they’re that much better in music either. We were all going how are they getting those scores? 

• Like 4
  • Confused 1