DCI World Championship Semis - Friday, August 9, 2019

Could go either way tonight. Both BD and Bloo had solid runs, but I feel like they’re saving their absolute best for tomorrow.

Then again, I still remember when Bloo took Semifinals in 2016 despite their electronics not working for half the show.

1 minute ago, Cappybara said:

Bloo's and Flo's mics were picking up the audience 

That was not the audience. No way. That was bluecoats pumping in crowd vocals into the show

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Glenn426 said:

Wow.. something happened tonight with the mics in BC performance... That was a shaky run from them... Guard was nervous, soloist where not there. The encore hey Jude had Crowd vocals pumped into the speakers, that was not the crowd singing that was The lyrics being forced.... 

The last note, all mics where turned on the synth played the lowest note it could find and caution was thrown to the wind... 

They should not win a single caption with that performance...

I’m sorry but that is an insane take.

• Like 4

12 minutes until awkward post-show interview for Dan*.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, kinetic inferno11 said:

Not my cup of tea, but still a great job by Bluecoats. I think BD was better tonight.

I think just the opposite.  I thought BD was off and left the door open for Bloo to open a gap in the scoring.  Interesting.  Who knows? 

I sure don't.

3 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

Was the singing during Hey Jude from the crowd? It sounded so loud on Flo that I almost thought it was coming from Bloo's speakers....

Where I'm sitting, some of the crowd joined in but the majority of what I was hearing was definitely coming from the speakers.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, kinetic inferno11 said:

Personally, Crown and Cavies were standouts tonight. So much energy from those groups.

AGREED. Most energetic performances of the top 5 tonight 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ghost said:

I envy the musicians on DCP.  Every corps seems clean to me on Flo unless a soloist has a cranial gaseous moment.

Meh. Most of them just hear what they want to hear.

• Thanks 1