DCI World Championship Semis - Friday, August 9, 2019

18 minutes ago, Lance said:

saying the corps that has gotten more 1st place finishes by a longshot than any other corps this year shouldn't win a single caption is more than remotely out of turn. 

congrats on your opinion, though. 

I don’t know why you’re snapping at me, but I won’t respond in kind. I took the person’s comment to be a response to tonight’s performance, and a description of what went wrong TONIGHT — not a reflection of the corps’ track record all season, not trash talking the corps. Plenty other comments here suggest it may have been an off night for Bloo (and BD). It’s fair to say so! We don’t have to fight over this.

Bloo is an amazing corps and the championship would be deserved. But everyone on that field knows it’s about what they throw down here and now, not all their 1st place finishes until this point. There’s no animus here. We all want them to do well.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, wvu80 said:

I'm tired, going to bed.  I have to get up early.

I'll read the results in the paper tomorrow.

None of the scores will change based on when we learn about them, much less what we think about them. And yet, we act like the entire music world is teetering on the edge of disaster because one corps might eek out a tenth of a ###### point more than last night.

The Netherlands seems to have a lot of kids come over for the summer for this activity.  

What about the Dutch guy?  Doesn’t he get recognized?

1 minute ago, MikeRapp said:

None of the scores will change based on when we learn about them, much less what we think about them. And yet, we act like the entire music world is teetering on the edge of disaster because one corps might eek out a tenth of a ###### point more than last night.

no fair, you changed the outcome by measuring it!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Vodka and Cran right now.  Anyone else?

And the wave has started. I’m surprised it took this long.

• Haha 1