DCI World Championship Semis - Friday, August 9, 2019

9 hours ago, 27Socal said:

Watch your language.

Huh? It's a TV show.

22 minutes ago, jwillis35 said:

I agree with you, here, but Dan made those comments to members of the corps, not to the fans. I feel Dan used poor judgement last night and should apologize to the Spartans. Them "winning by default" is a horrible thing to say or infer to a corps that actually showed up for Open Class Finals and won the Gold on the field. Yes, SCVC and BDB were not there. Who cares? We miss them, but those organizations did what was best for them and I applaud them for it. But when it comes to competition you only refer to the corps actually competing, not hypothetical scenarios that do not exist. 

To be fair to Spartans, BDB and SCVC were roughly 2-3 pts ahead of Gold most of the season including the last show. Spartans were 3 ahead of Gold last night at Semis so there’s no telling who actually would have won between the three. Sure, most likely BDB ONLY because of past history but this was a very good Spartans group who deserved that title!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

I'm OK with Dan. A little annoying at times, but he means well. 

James Earl Jones to replace BC. 

THIS. Is Drum Corps International. 

This would be EPIC!

In classic voiceover:  "Dan, I AM your announcer."

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, wilme861 said:

To be fair to Spartans, BDB and SCVC were roughly 2-3 pts ahead of Gold most of the season including the last show. Spartans were 3 ahead of Gold last night at Semis so there’s no telling who actually would have won between the three. Sure, most likely BDB ONLY because of past history but this was a very good Spartans group who deserved that title!

And to continue the "fairness" theme:  HE APOLOGIZED.

(And thanks for your numbers analysis even if historical and unknowable.)

3 minutes ago, garfield said:

And to continue the "fairness" theme:  HE APOLOGIZED.

(And thanks for your numbers analysis even if historical and unknowable.)

Oh I was sure he wish he hadn’t asked that the second it left his mouth. Some people do feel that way though about Spartans this year and just saying that actually they were probably in that gold medal fight with BDB and SCVC just based on how they were beating Gold a few weeks ago. I don’t think many people knew Spartans were in that same boat.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, garfield said:

(He did apologize and wrote kind and consoling comments to the corps and the DM.)

If he was told by DCI not to do it on air, I'd have said OK boss, then gone and said it on air.

12 hours ago, Glenn426 said:

Nothing like BD chasing a title... I expect a lights out performance tomorrow.

You're absolutely right about this. No corps brings it on Finals night better than the Blue Devils historically. I expect they will rock the house tonight. The Bluecoats will need a super performance to snag a win. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, jwillis35 said:

You're absolutely right about this. No corps brings it on Finals night better than the Blue Devils historically. I expect they will rock the house tonight. The Bluecoats will need a super performance to snag a win. 

I was definitely in the ABBD camp several years ago, but there is no doubt that BD has more years practice than anyone at knowing when to peak.