DCI World Championship Semis - Friday, August 9, 2019

1 minute ago, garfield said:

Well, and you of all people know how to contact me... 

A falcon just ate my last carrier pigeon.

32 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

This year, BDB and SCVC presumably designed their shows to max out in California. So those particular shows, even with a few more weeks of work, might not have even medaled in Indiana. We just don't know.

Maybe, but I wouldn't have bet on that happening.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Maybe, but I wouldn't have bet on that happening.

Ah, but which shows are we talking about? The shows BDB and SCVC designed to peak in mid-July? Or the theoretical shows they would have designed if they were coming to Indiana?

20 minutes ago, BAC Battery Super Fan said:

All I hear are crickets chirping about this post from last night. Is it mandatory for a corps to warm up at Military Park?... Because Blue Devils brass didn’t apparently. And if not, why then is it mandatory to be contained in a certain area there? A kind word to BAC about moving their brass a bit would have been appreciated rather than taking a picture and reporting the infraction to DCI.

BD brass has warmed up at Carroll Stadium (IUPUI’s soccer field) the past couple seasons and that’s what I’m having a hard time understanding, why BD can warm up farther away than where BAC did last night and not get penalized

21 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Jersey Surf's final score and placement in World Class by year, since moving to that division:

2009 -- 78.55 -- 20th (of 22) -- "Mozart Effect"

2010 -- 75.70 -- 21st (of 23) -- "Living the Dream"

2011 -- 71.35 -- 22nd (of 23 -- and 25th of 41 overall) -- "Petal Tones"

2012 -- 75.45 -- 19th (of 22 -- and 20th of 35 overall) -- "Bridgemania"

2013 -- 75.40 -- 20th (of 22 -- and 22nd of 36 overall) -- "Soul Surfin': Bring on the Funk!"

2014 -- 75.80 -- 20th (of 22 -- and 22nd of 37 overall) -- "Pay It Forward"

2015 -- 68.75 -- 21st (of 22 -- and 28th of 39 overall) -- "Sun Surfing"

2016 -- 71.988 -- 21st (of 22 -- and 26th of 38 overall) -- "Ebb & Flow"

2017 -- 71.613 -- 22nd (of 23 -- and 27th of 40 overall) -- "Make It Our Own"

2018 -- 69.925 -- 23rd (of 24 -- and 30th of 40 overall) -- "[mondo mondrian]"

(The above information comes from DCX.)

Yesterday, with "FantaSea", they scored 76.413, placing 21st (of 22 -- and 24th of 36 overall).

In 2011-2014, the only years they made Semifinals, their score changed from Prelims as follows: -1.10 (2011), +0.95 (2012), +0.95 (2013), +0.25 (2014).

That's an average improvement of 0.253 from Prelims to Semis, so if today's performance was solid, they might reasonably hope to score 76.666.

I guess we'll know soon.

2019 - 21of 22 world, 24 of 36 does not top 12 through 14.  12 -14 were all basically the same score even though design and execution were not.  

27 minutes ago, ripchops said:

BD brass has warmed up at Carroll Stadium (IUPUI’s soccer field) the past couple seasons and that’s what I’m having a hard time understanding, why BD can warm up farther away than where BAC did last night and not get penalized

Because there wasn't a sign telling them not to?

Just a guess. I wasn't there.

33 minutes ago, ripchops said:

I sat in the middle of BDs warmup last year that was in Military Park so not sure what you mean...

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, ripchops said:

depends on what Indy allows

16 minutes ago, wilme861 said:

I sat in the middle of BDs warmup last year that was in Military Park so not sure what you mean...

I don’t doubt it. I wonder what the DCI rules are on that, I walked down from the park on Thursday to see them at the soccer field and they were there last night too. I don’t usually go to Finals lot so it might be a bit different for Finals. SCV drumline warms up across the street too. Weird stuff