DCI World Championship Semis - Friday, August 9, 2019

44 minutes ago, ripchops said:

I don’t doubt it. I wonder what the DCI rules are on that, I walked down from the park on Thursday to see them at the soccer field and they were there last night too. I don’t usually go to Finals lot so it might be a bit different for Finals. SCV drumline warms up across the street too. Weird stuff

I’ve only ever watched prelim lots, so that’s all I can vouch for. Boston has used that lot before but it specifically says no warning up there so they only have themselves to blame. IUPUI obviously don’t mind BD warming up there and the city doesn’t care about the spot SCV warms up, but the lot where Boston went is a no no.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Poppycock said:

Dan Potter is self-serving, self-absorbed, self-centered, narcissistic, DCI boot licking sycophant who thinks his position as commentator is a lifetime appointment. I’m surprised his nose and lips aren’t Blue from kissing up to the Devils after all these years. 

You're in love with him, aren't you?

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, cage said:

2019 - 21of 22 world, 24 of 36 does not top 12 through 14.  12 -14 were all basically the same score even though design and execution were not.  

Fair, but they did get a higher score, which is all I said was reasonably likely to happen.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Poppycock said:

Dan Potter is self-serving, self-absorbed, self-centered, narcissistic, DCI boot licking sycophant who thinks his position as commentator is a lifetime appointment. I’m surprised his nose and lips aren’t Blue from kissing up to the Devils after all these years. 

Shows you how fortunate we are to have Reliable Rondo.

His broadcast, with the legendary Curt Gowdy @ Arrowhead In ‘89, remains my all time Finals favorite.

”Curt, there can’t be any mistakes tonight.”

Poor BD Sop apparently didn’t get the memo😟

• Like 1

30 years later and the Frack heard Round the World is still being talked about.

Edited by KVG_DC
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

30 years later and the Frack heard Round the World is still being talked about.

Say a prayer for SCV’s ballad screamer...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

Say a prayer for SCV’s ballad screamer...

*squeak*

hey, maybe MCDC should go with that...

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

I'd like to reiterate that in most other competitive activities, this would be a perfectly normal question for a reporter to ask a competitor.

But Potter's not a reporter. If he were, and the corps / DM agreed to the interview, they'd have been prepared the possibility of a question like this.

Don't think so. If any professional athlete had been asked a question like that, they would have scoffed and immediately walked away from the interview. It's a "clown question, bro."

Edited by jasgre2000
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, ripchops said:

BD brass has warmed up at Carroll Stadium (IUPUI’s soccer field) the past couple seasons and that’s what I’m having a hard time understanding, why BD can warm up farther away than where BAC did last night and not get penalized

The boundaries are probably set up to keep the sound from the warm up not bleed into the stadium. Maybe BAC was closer to the stadium than the boundary? I don't see why anyone care if a corps decided to warm up farther away.

1 hour ago, skevinp said:

You're in love with him, aren't you?