DCI World Championship Semis - Friday, August 9, 2019

BK’s percussion playing is so dynamic. Kind of reminds me of how Crossmen’s drum line would play on Thurston charts.

• Like 1

Side to side between mellophones and trumpets. Excellent timing.

This is probably my favorite drum book in drum corps history. It is the complete antithesis of a typical drum book. Not a ram-fest, just incredibly musical and additive to the brass score and the ambiance created on the field.  The bass drum writing in particular is written in a way that highlights the dynamics in the tenors and snares even more. Bravo to Jackson and team.

Also major kudos to the guard staff and performers. This guard has performed a full 180 in a year's time. I remember watching in past years scratching my head over questionable design choices, but this year I simply can't take my eyes off the guard.

Edited by Musicman1084
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

FOOT PREP! I love the foot prep!

Classic Blue Knights finish.

1 minute ago, Tad_MMA said:

Bocook wrote “Liquid” for the 2005 Cadets (99.15). I know it was 14 years ago, but there was so much more movement in ‘05. 

We can’t... do better. 

There was so much more MARCHING in 2005.

There's a heck of a lot more MOVEMENT now. Every corps, every kid... they barely stop moving. There are no down moments where you're not contributing musically or visually.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, skevinp said:

Apparently he made an asterisk of himself

At least he apologized but he's still a "will not" to me.

A "will not" is when you take a really loose one and there's that one piece that "will not" drop.

Any one who has the courage to do this thing of ours, open class, world class, DCA, or a parade corps gets a pat on the back from me for having the courage -yes courage!!!- to perform.

Mandarins are the first Finals newcomer to hold onto their Finals spot the following year since 1999-2000 Boston.

• Like 2

“They start to walk. Then, they start walking faster and faster. Then they’re running. They made it. They were at last home.”

I just realized the horns form the BK dots on the field as their final form! I got chills!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Thank you Blue Knights for being you. Great show!