DCI World Championship Semis - Friday, August 9, 2019

I know the reasons why it’s tough to do. Still, I feel like the Cali kids deserve a DCI finals week out West.

1 minute ago, brassboy said:

I also really liked the announcer who did Open Class championships earlier this week. I'm sorry I missed his name.

Brad Bell, a fellow Glassmen alum I had the pleasure of marching with. You’ll hear him now when Legends is announced as it’s recorded.

• Like 3

Love the blue hip capes Legends uses. Really adds visual and fits the theme as it gives a wave effect at times.

3 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Does anyone know if Spartans have a souvie stand here?  I’ve walked the concourse twice and I haven’t seen one. 

Maybe ping their social media on Facebook and ask?  Dunno if they'll have someone watching that during their busy day though.  "I HAVE MONEY TO THROW AT YOU FOR A TSHIRT OR TWO" might get attention.  ;). 

Nice mello calls in the La Mer opening statement. I already feel like this is a much more emotional performance from Legends than yesterday. Nothing to lose now!

Just now, brassboy said:

I also really liked the announcer who did Open Class championships earlier this week. I'm sorry I missed his name.

Brad Bell. His vocal tone is slightly nasal, but he is very good with names and tempo.

On the DCA side, Fran Haring had a great voice and similar skills, but he's retired.

Who's the regular BOA announcer? He's good.

Here in Ohio, the announcer at OMEA is super smooth and clearly practices pronunciations in advance, but maybe too restrained.

Legends;  SUPER sharp looking uniforms!

1 minute ago, KVG_DC said:

Maybe ping their social media on Facebook and ask?  Dunno if they'll have someone watching that during their busy day though.  "I HAVE MONEY TO THROW AT YOU FOR A TSHIRT OR TWO" might get attention.  ;). 

https://spartansdbc.org/shop/

Just now, N.E. Brigand said:

Brad Bell. His vocal tone is slightly nasal, but he is very good with names and tempo.

On the DCA side, Fran Haring had a great voice and similar skills, but he's retired.

Who's the regular BOA announcer? He's good.

Here in Ohio, the announcer at OMEA is super smooth and clearly practices pronunciations in advance, but maybe too restrained.

Chuck Henson does BOA, as does Dan Potter and Brad Bell.