DCI World Championship Semis - Friday, August 9, 2019

3 minutes ago, jeffmolnar said:

Sound guy messed up. It's normally not that loud, and you can normally hear the trumpet screamers.

Or Flo mic placement is off, but I doubt it since the rest of the run was fine.

Sound guy had rough timing tonight 

2 minutes ago, Glenn426 said:

Wow.. something happened tonight with the mics in BC performance... That was a shaky run from them... Guard was nervous, soloist where not there. The encore hey Jude had Crowd vocals pumped into the speakers, that was not the crowd singing that was The lyrics being forced.... 

The last note, all mics where turned on the synth played the lowest note it could find and caution was thrown to the wind... 

They should not win a single caption with that performance...

i feel a lot better about my not so nice comments about crown's show, which i think in retrospect were a little too unkind. 

you win.

thank you.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Cadevilina Crown said:

Could go either way tonight. Both BD and Bloo had solid runs, but I feel like they’re saving their absolute best for tomorrow.

Then again, I still remember when Bloo took Semifinals in 2016 despite their electronics not working for half the show.

Honestly it’s all gonna come down to who is judging, because these are two truly elite shows that take entirely different approaches to their performances. At this point the top five shows are so perfected and shined that there is nothing the corps could do to improve them.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Lance said:

i feel a lot better about my not so nice comments about crown's show, which i think in retrospect were a little too unkind. 

you win.

thank you.

Guard was nervous, says the guy watching on his phone. Lol

• Haha 1