DCI World Championship Semis - Friday, August 9, 2019

5 minutes ago, CrownBariDad said:

If they hold to past tradition, each Crossman will carry a Spirit member's delta during their Finals performance. 

This is such a wonderful example of what is great about drum corps - honoring history by sustaining that bond and friendship. Such an inspiration. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ykw said:

If BD finishes first tomorrow night, this could the first time you can say, "They're not BLOOING, they're BOOING"

God, I hope not. I still hate to think of the BD kids in 2015 when Crown was announced. 

• Like 3

Just now, furious-winter said:

God, I hope not. I still hate to think of the BD kids in 2015 when Crown was announced. 

They looked pretty happy to me lol

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Tony Flores said:

I'm seeing on Facebook that it's due to brass warning up out of bounds at Military Park. 

Well if that’s actually the case, shouldn’t BD get penalized too? They warm up about a 10 minute walk away from Military Park at IUPUI’s soccer stadium. Not sure how zoning works on that though

I do think DCI needs to be a little stricter about guidelines for who judges finals--mainly, they should have judged at least one regional OR have judged every World Class corps at least once. Orefice (who judges Visual Proficiency tomorrow at Finals) has never judged SCV, Cavies, Blue Knights, and Mandarins before. That's a LOT of corps to have a first-read on at DCI Finals. I'm not questioning that judge's ability, but none of those corps have ever gotten feedback of any kind from that particular judge.

• Like 2

Just now, ykw said:

If BD finishes first tomorrow night, this could the first time you can say, "They're not BLOOING, they're BOOING"

The Bloo fans i know on DCP and have met in person are very classy and respectful to all corps including BD. The people that boo tomorrow regardless of who wins are a bunch of jerks and losers. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

Just now, furious-winter said:

It comes with being the front runner. No one feels sorry for the front runner.

Any activity is stronger when multiple participants can win the title.

2 minutes ago, jeffmolnar said:

Not gonna lie. I still don't understand what the "Analysis" sections are supposed to represent.

The sheets have really gotten silly over the past decade.

From a 2016 DCI.org article giving an overview of DCI judging, as worded by Michael Cesario:

"The Music Analysis and Visual Analysis judges are the classically trained judges, the most scientific in their approach. They analyze how the pieces of the puzzle fit together and they focus on the detailing … how is the music or visual orchestration done, how well is that utilized, what are the developmental phrases, and how is the show composed and constructed."

Edited by Cadevilina Crown