DCI World Championship Semis - Friday, August 9, 2019

1 hour ago, garfield said:

Did I miss the joke?

The man has forgotten more about DC than most fans have ever known.

But thanks for your input.

Next up: the BAC guard member who knocked off the giant's helmet should be drawn and quartered live on the 50 if BAC doesn't win?

BAC won color guard last night but came in second at a pretty flawless prelims run. Go figure. Of course, different judges see different things.

8 hours ago, bluehull said:

Long way away, but following on here. Too bad that on maybe the Spartans finest night in their long history the crowd leaves. Dan Potter pays homage to two corps that never made the trip, then insults the Spartans DM literally saying they won by default. 

Really sucks

Granted I did not see SCVC or BDB this year, but Spartans did not win by default as Dan Potter suggests. That show was a powerhouse, and the encore performance, which should be tonight, was better than the afternoon performance. I like Dan Potter and overall he relates well to the kids, but at other times his bias can show. He’s more in love with some corps than the corps itself, which we see in a huge way with Bluecoats. Remember the premiere event or a few years back, his praising Bloo’s DM. My guess though is that he sometimes needs to think before he speaks.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Zeke said:

Unless things have changed since then

1991 Percussion was Cavies/SCV/Star

Nope...  it was a tie with Cavies and SCV. Star is not considered as high percussion that year.

12 hours ago, Poppycock said:

For the obvious reasons to love Crown  musically, there is equal reason to not love that visual GE production. Guard doesn’t spend together and the props can’t be seen at all up top. Don’t know how they’re beating Cavaliers and Boston in visual, GE or guard. In fact I don’t believe they’re that much better in music either. We were all going how are they getting those scores? 

I enjoy your commentary (and even the snark) But, you lost some credibility with the bolded statement...

8 minutes ago, Tim K said:

Granted I did not see SCVC or BDB this year, but Spartans did not win by default as Dan Potter suggests. That show was a powerhouse, and the encore performance, which should be tonight, was better than the afternoon performance. I like Dan Potter and overall he relates well to the kids, but at other times his bias can show. He’s more in love with some corps than the corps itself, which we see in a huge way with Bluecoats. Remember the premiere event or a few years back, his praising Bloo’s DM. My guess though is that he sometimes needs to think before he speaks.

Dan Potter is self-serving, self-absorbed, self-centered, narcissistic, DCI boot licking sycophant who thinks his position as commentator is a lifetime appointment. I’m surprised his nose and lips aren’t Blue from kissing up to the Devils after all these years. 

• Haha 4

8 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

I did leave but I had to pee like a racehorse.  I did watch Spartans yesterday and today earlier. 

I left. I saw the Spartans while the stands were practically empty earlier in the day and their show was great.

Congratulations to them on the open class championship. It was well deserved and this is the best show from them I have ever seen.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

Dan Potter is self-serving, self-absorbed, self-centered, narcissistic, DCI boot licking sycophant who thinks his position as commentator is a lifetime appointment. I’m surprised his nose and lips aren’t Blue from kissing up to the Devils after all these years. 

Isn’t it DCI policy to avoid personal attacks?  This post should be deleted.

Do you even know this guy?

Edited by garfield
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1