Blue Knights Narration

Anyone know whose voice it is doing the narration in this year’s Blue Knights show? 

28 minutes ago, drumcorps74 said:

Anyone know whose voice it is doing the narration in this year’s Blue Knights show? 

I know it’s from the short film “Ellis”

• Like 1

Thanks for that information. Robert DeNiro is listed as the person narrating the film, but I’m not sure it’s his voice that’s used in the BK show. I’ll have to listen more closely tonite. 

1 hour ago, drumcorps74 said:

Several people at the theater where I watched BLL were asking the  same question.

People were saying that the narrator sounds just like Liam Neeson.

It sure makes me want some whiskey- not sure why 

• Haha 2

From IMDb.com:

A short film that evokes the early years of Ellis Island through the experience of one immigrant. Yes, Deniro narrates. And I was thinking of Neeson, too. It’s an Eric Roth film. He won an Oscar for his Forrest Gump screenplay. 

Edited by Tad_MMA

I am pretty sure the Blue Knights version is not DeNiro. Sounds more like Scott Glenn to me, though not exactly. This has been bugging me all summer. Anyone know for sure?

Jeff Bridges is our guess. 

Found a reddit post that says it is a voice actor named Dave Pettitt. Checked out samples of his work - not surprisingly, he has different voices for different jobs. Impressive.

Here is a voiceover he did which comes darned near the voice in the Blue Knights show. I’m convinced reddit has it right. I can sleep now.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IdY49265u04

• Thanks 2