2019 "Hot Dog" Corps - Do You Have One?

Surprised to see Boston mentioned a few times. But sort of agree. I’d stay in the seat to watch their guard.

its Cadets and Spirit this year for me.

7 minutes ago, drumcorpsfever said:

Dare anyone be too negative about a corps, or to have a thread about calling out for leadership change at the highest level of the activity, but it’s okay to make a list of corps to shun in favor of getting a hot dog.  Hmm.

So, your requirement is that everyone enjoy every show.  Got it.

Shun?  Pfft.  Your word.

• Like 1

Academy unfortunately. I don't get Mandarins show either but it doesn't wear me down like Academy's does. Bloo is just too over the top on electronics this year for me to really dig on it, but it's a well written and performed show...just not my cup of coffee. Spirit started like they would maybe make a push but I think it was just too much "stuff" for them to really clean it all and bring it to full potential. I'm not a huge fan of Cadets this year show wise, but haven't really been a fan in the last 5 years. 

EDIT: I didn't skip any of these corps in Hotlanta nor would I if I were fortunate enough to be in Indy. They just were shows that I didn't enjoy as much as I would have liked to have. 

Edited by Weaklefthand4ever
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, garfield said:

So, your requirement is that everyone enjoy every show.  Got it.

Shun?  Pfft.  Your word.

Not at all. I could list a few corps that I would not have a problem with missing. However, out of respect for members who created their show, I do not think encouraging an exclusionary thread of corps to write off is respectful to the members of those corps. Let us not lose sight of the members who have given so much of themselves to create their art.

I would add that I am a bit surprised that so many have already chimed in with their “hotdog” corps. To each is own. I will not be offering mine, though.

• Like 2

Well, it is a fan's prerogative and I respect your decision to decline. I'm sure the cast of Friends worked their tails off too to create their art, but I've never seen a single episode. 

• Haha 2