Madison Scouts 2020

1 hour ago, Algernon said:

New program coordinator -  Josh Robb

Brass Arranger -  Daniel Montoya, Visual Designer -  Noah Bellamy, Guard -  Jennifer Leseth

same percussion guys

Big improvement over the Elvord debacle. Naffier doesn't deserve to be collateral damage though

So is Jimmy Alvord gone already?

1 hour ago, MotoSurfBass said:

9484782d80b7b3097969e6995e86a4fa

I think his track record speaks for itself. The only thing he's gotten wrong so far is that Scott Litzenburg is staying on the Cadets in a smaller role. Otherwise, he's been on the money 

43 minutes ago, FlamMan said:

So is Jimmy Alvord gone already?

Resigned before finals, his whole concept of modern drum corps design was whack.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Algernon said:

Brass Arranger -  Daniel Montoya, Visual Designer -  Noah Bellamy, Guard -  Jennifer Leseth

same percussion guys

Big improvement over the Elvord debacle. Naffier doesn't deserve to be collateral damage though

Tap the brakes on the percussion teachers.

Quick question. Was checking out the Madison site and noticed the 2020 audition locations only being Indianapolis and Dallas (and video) Seems quite limited. I’m going to compare to the Cavaliers only because it’s whom I’m most familiar, but the Cavaliers have auditions in Illinois/Texas/Japan/Florida/California/Indiana/Georgia (and video).

For a corps that is in transition and needs as many auditionees as possible, wouldn’t they want to hit more regions of the states? Anyone familiar with the reasoning?

8 minutes ago, GREENBLUE said:

Quick question. Was checking out the Madison site and noticed the 2020 audition locations only being Indianapolis and Dallas (and video) Seems quite limited. I’m going to compare to the Cavaliers only because it’s whom I’m most familiar, but the Cavaliers have auditions in Illinois/Texas/Japan/Florida/California/Indiana/Georgia (and video).

For a corps that is in transition and needs as many auditionees as possible, wouldn’t they want to hit more regions of the states? Anyone familiar with the reasoning?

It’s because Chris Komnick is a moron, and the board is too stupid to do anything about it. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, tesmusic said:

Or maybe they're planning another leadership retreat, or trip to Panama about some farm that is supposedly going to be great financially, but really just gives CK and others a free trip on the corps dime to Panama.

On a side note, I sent a lengthy email to the new board president, and his response basically made it sound like CK should be walking on water and that the foundations of the organization have never been better.

#Iwishiwasjoking

or some people said no because of other people there

17 hours ago, Algernon said:

same percussion guys

I heard a different name for visual.   

34 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I heard a different name for visual.   

I had as well, and that the percussion team was staying. Heard from several on that, guess we'll see.

Edited by tesmusic
  • Like 1