Madison Scouts 2020

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

I'l be honest....i loved the tradition, but i understand their desire to make the change. However, I have said all along, would this be happening if they were in the top 6?

Probably not. But lets say they make this change and start climbing the competitive ladder again and get back into the top 6 sometime in the next 5 years. Do you think they would then turn around and switch back to all-male? Again, probably not. As with most things, one's circumstances dictate one's actions. It kind of makes these questions rather irrelevant. Especially when taking context out of the equation.

On 11/17/2019 at 8:57 AM, wilder1966 said:

The great distractor of 2019 fooled nobody!  Your point is painfully clear, bringing in the girls fixes nothing, and brings about a tundra of betrayal

to the fans, the alumni, and the entire drum corp world.  The YT video of CK and his yes boy JE was painful in it pretense, and consequences.  For

the record, the MS have always been inclusive.  They also have been all male since day one.  This dog dont hunt, and it sure dont fly.  

The day the Scouts announced they were going coed, I said its nothing but a diversion and self preservation for CK. After all, in this era of wokeness, who would criticize or fire someone who broke down the barriers of discrimination and seclusion of a misogynistic all Male organization? Give me a freaking break. The BOD Is gutless. Apathy and incompetence brings down organizations and we have seen the results of both the last 10 years under CK's failed regime. How in the world does this guy survive? Do they even do performance appraisals?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Brian Tuma said:

I would love to see proof that that was the reason Kilts folded. 

Catherine should be able to fill in the blanks for ya. Something having to do with EBBUBERY was the cause of the Kilts demise. 

59 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

Catherine should be able to fill in the blanks for ya. Something having to do with EBBUBERY was the cause of the Kilts demise. 

You have said the name that must NEVER be mentioned!!!!!!!!

Edited by IllianaLancerContra

Their problems didn't stem from talent or numbers.  This is a "look squirrel" moment to distract from real issues.  Question, did all female corps ever go co-ed or just fold?

On 9/5/2019 at 4:34 PM, FlamMan said:

So is Jimmy Alvord gone already?

Gone, like so many others.  blamed for everything, responsible for none of it.  same old story

On 11/17/2019 at 12:28 PM, Weaklefthand4ever said:

I'm sorry...but I'm a fan, former DCI and DCA MM and part of the "entire drum corps world." And truth be told, I'm getting a little old. But for the life of me, I don't remember feeling betrayed by the fact that the Scouts decided to bring in female MM's or electing you as "official DCI mouthpiece." Thanks for speaking for all of us though...  🙄

Just calling 'em like I see 'em.  No offense intended.  

41 minutes ago, Mello Dude said:

Their problems didn't stem from talent or numbers.  This is a "look squirrel" moment to distract from real issues.  Question, did all female corps ever go co-ed or just fold?

There was one small all-girl corps here in NJ, the Pompton Lakes Stardusters, that added guys to limp along for a few years back in the 70's. The girl corps wore pink sequinned uniforms. Luckily they gave the guys white shirts to wear.