Madison Scouts 2020

10 hours ago, seen-it-all said:

Probably not. But lets say they make this change and start climbing the competitive ladder again and get back into the top 6 sometime in the next 5 years. Do you think they would then turn around and switch back to all-male? Again, probably not. As with most things, one's circumstances dictate one's actions. It kind of makes these questions rather irrelevant. Especially when taking context out of the equation.

hey I hope it works out. i'm more worried it doesn't then it really gets ugly....cause you can't undo it now.

4 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

Catherine should be able to fill in the blanks for ya. Something having to do with EBBUBERY was the cause of the Kilts demise. 

well her presence sure as hell didn't help them

6 hours ago, Brian Tuma said:

I have no idea who that is but I gather she’s a character. 

Oh yeah. But concerning your question - I’m thinking the point was that adding females, rather than being the Cause of the corps demise, was a Symptom along the way. The hope being that the same thing isn’t happening with the Scouts. But having not addressed the root cause of their problems, I’m afraid for their future. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Before I saw the last few posts....for some odd reason, I was trying to think of the name of "She who shall not be mentioned," and I open this up and...BAM...There it was! 

34 minutes ago, KeithHall said:

Before I saw the last few posts....for some odd reason, I was trying to think of the name of "She who shall not be mentioned," and I open this up and...BAM...There it was! 

So it’s YOUR fault!!!   😀

1 hour ago, HockeyDad said:

Oh yeah. But concerning your question - I’m thinking the point was that adding females, rather than being the Cause of the corps demise, was a Symptom along the way. The hope being that the same thing isn’t happening with the Scouts. But having not addressed the root cause of their problems, I’m afraid for their future. 

Wasn’t aware of Kilties problems at the time but looking at scores they went up and down and think inactive for a year or so. But have Guardsmen, Bridgemen and Blue Stars in same boat so may have them confused. Where females came in thought was in the last gasp stage and not they went coed and THEN the bottom dropped out

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Brian Tuma said:

I would love to see proof that that was the reason Kilts folded. 

I don't think the adding of females caused the Kilties to fold.

But, I also think that adding women was one of several moves to try to save a Corps on decline (another one being the folding of the Kiltie Kadets &  absorbing their members into the Corps).  But in their last (Jr) year of 1982, my Corps witnessed their members getting into a fight with each other after their DCM prelim appearance (where they scored a 28.7).  So I suspect that the fact there were women was far less important than internal tensions (& perhaps $ as well).

And I believe the addition of female to Madison is a bit of a desperation move to try to bring the Corps back to its glory days.  But, the addition of women will likely not be a cure-all panacea.  According to others on this topic, there are considerable issues within Corps leadership/management.  If so, the Corps needs to address this as well.

I have said before that in 5 or so years, one of two things will happen:  Either the Madison Scouts are firmly back in finals, or they will fold.  

Edited by IllianaLancerContra
to use more better English
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

the demise of the Kilties is far more than adding women. Bad management is bad management

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1