Madison Scouts 2020

Found the webpages I saved when doing some research. Was on Kilties Alumni site but didn’t check to see if it still exists. According to the history the Kilties did not field for a year and eventually folded due to money issues. IOW couldn’t pay the loans they took out....

7 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

Oh yeah. But concerning your question - I’m thinking the point was that adding females, rather than being the Cause of the corps demise, was a Symptom along the way. The hope being that the same thing isn’t happening with the Scouts. But having not addressed the root cause of their problems, I’m afraid for their future. 

Exactly.

I believe that this slate of candidates was elected to the Board of Directors at the annual meeting.

http://www.madisonscouts.org/about-2/board-of-directors/board-candidates-for-elected-seats-2019/

After perusing the BoD part of Madison's site, it also looks like they've added last month official recognition of the alumni association, and added an alumni association representative as an ex oficio board member.  That's a great step for them.

Mike

Nothing matters and nothing will change until they fire CK.  How in the world can the BOD justify keeping this guy after 10 years of complete incompetency and failure?

4 hours ago, FlamMan said:

Nothing matters and nothing will change until they fire CK.  How in the world can the BOD justify keeping this guy after 10 years of complete incompetency and failure?

Komnick my not be in the right seat on the bus, but he's not the root cause of the problem. Why do you think he is able to keep his job? Voting members are not informed or engaged. Many have been driven away and obstructed. Until the membership gets engaged and votes in a stronger board, I can't see meaningful improvements. That may not be an issue for long. The board wants to eliminate the voting rights of members, so the current leadership will be further entrenched. The future doesn't look bright. 

Edited by madisonsmiley

3 hours ago, madisonsmiley said:

Komnick my not be in the right seat on the bus, but he's not the root cause of the problem. Why do you think he is able to keep his job? Voting members are not informed or engaged. Many have been driven away and obstructed. Until the membership gets engaged and votes in a stronger board, I can't see meaningful improvements. That may not be an issue for long. The board wants to eliminate the voting rights of members, so the current leadership will be further entrenched. The future doesn't look bright. 

Wow. Not good.

On 11/19/2019 at 9:26 AM, Jeff Ream said:

the demise of the Kilties is far more than adding women. Bad management is bad management

And so once again we are enlightened

by our resident know it all.  How did DC

ever get by without you? 

14 hours ago, madisonsmiley said:

I did not see if that proposal was actually adopted or not. Any idea if that is now the policy? The following is what is on the website as of today:

"If you contribute at the $100 amount or above, you are enrolled as a "voting member" of Forward Performing Arts, Inc. for the fiscal year in which the donation is received."

Edited by Roark1