Madison Scouts 2020

46 minutes ago, wilder1966 said:

And so once again we are enlightened

by our resident know it all.  How did DC

ever get by without you? 

it's well documented here and other places. Reading, it does a mind good.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

39 minutes ago, Roark1 said:

I did not see if that proposal was actually adopted or not. Any idea if that is now the policy? The following is what is on the website as of today:

"If you contribute at the $100 amount or above, you are enrolled as a "voting member" of Forward Performing Arts, Inc. for the fiscal year in which the donation is received."

If I contribute $200 do I get 2 votes (& so on)?

2 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

If I contribute $200 do I get 2 votes (& so on)?

No. And if you have views that differ from some, they’ve got proxy voters to insure lack of change. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Roark1 said:

I did not see if that proposal was actually adopted or not. Any idea if that is now the policy? The following is what is on the website as of today:

"If you contribute at the $100 amount or above, you are enrolled as a "voting member" of Forward Performing Arts, Inc. for the fiscal year in which the donation is received."

They confirmed at the meeting on Friday night that to to be a "voting member" in 2020 they are raising the amount from $100 to $500. To me it is clearly a way to push the alumni aside. I had assumed that it was the "old alumni" they were trying to push away but this clearly will push away the youngest alumni who will find it the most difficult to come up with a spare $500. They only allowed enough people on the ballot for board members to equal the number of open seats and "vetted" 3 members put forward by the alumni association off the ballot.

• Sad 1

Well, I guess I'm done. Glad I didn't donate yet. Mike, do you think there will be any interest in continuing with the tailgate party?

27 minutes ago, Roark1 said:

Well, I guess I'm done. Glad I didn't donate yet. Mike, do you think there will be any interest in continuing with the tailgate party?

This summer is in question, DOP is at Memorial High School due to construction at Middleton H.S. and on a Thurs so not looking promising. As far as finding volunteers that may be another challenge.

1 hour ago, bass5 said:

This summer is in question, DOP is at Memorial High School due to construction at Middleton H.S. and on a Thurs so not looking promising. As far as finding volunteers that may be another challenge.

Well, I would be up for coming down from the Twin Cities for a weekend to just hang out with some of the other oldsters. It doesn't have to necessarily involve a drum corps show.

Edited by Roark1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, bass5 said:

They confirmed at the meeting on Friday night that to to be a "voting member" in 2020 they are raising the amount from $100 to $500. To me it is clearly a way to push the alumni aside. I had assumed that it was the "old alumni" they were trying to push away but this clearly will push away the youngest alumni who will find it the most difficult to come up with a spare $500. They only allowed enough people on the ballot for board members to equal the number of open seats and "vetted" 3 members put forward by the alumni association off the ballot.

Why would they want to push out the "old alumni"? They're the guys with more disposable income. I suppose the answer is the oldsters are the ones who are fed up and want change.

None of this sounds good for the future of the Madison Scouts/Scoutettes.

I cant contribute to this regime.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bass5 said:

This is absurd.

Chris Komnick and his inept rubber stamp of a board are literally doing everything in their power to destroy this once great organization, that isn't even a shell of its former self.

I've said it before and I'll say it again...if CK or the board truly cared about this organization they would learn from others on how to run an organization, how to be leaders, and to own up to their failings.

As an educator, who is an alum, I can no longer, in good conscience encourage students to audition for this organization.

Btw...what happened to the SoundSport and WGI Winds groups? Oh...those fell apart too?

4 hours ago, FlamMan said:

None of this sounds good for the future of the Madison Scouts/Scoutettes.

The next time you run into a persistent twelve year old Girl Scout selling cookies, sarcastically refer to her as a “scoutette”. I dare ya!

Edited by Brian Tuma
  • Haha 2