Madison Scouts 2020

17 minutes ago, Brian Tuma said:

The next time you run into a persistent twelve year old Girl Scout selling cookies, sarcastically refer to her as a “scoutette”. I dare ya!

It's the den mother holding the iPhone with the Square reader so you can't say that you don't have any cash that you have to watch out for. From what I've heard, they probably pay more in processing fees than they actually make from the cookies. 

9 hours ago, tesmusic said:

This is absurd.

Chris Komnick and his inept rubber stamp of a board are literally doing everything in their power to destroy this once great organization, that isn't even a shell of its former self.

I've said it before and I'll say it again...if CK or the board truly cared about this organization they would learn from others on how to run an organization, how to be leaders, and to own up to their failings.

As an educator, who is an alum, I can no longer, in good conscience encourage students to audition for this organization.

Btw...what happened to the SoundSport and WGI Winds groups? Oh...those fell apart too?

i agree. it's a way to push out dissenters, and maybe even younger alums who aren't happy.

Personally, I'd take it as a rallying cry, get as many older alumni to pony up, just so they can vote as a bloc

4 hours ago, cybersnyder said:

It's the den mother holding the iPhone with the Square reader so you can't say that you don't have any cash that you have to watch out for. From what I've heard, they probably pay more in processing fees than they actually make from the cookies. 

as the father of a brownie, they do quite well with that and the online ordering program. In many ways, it has helped keep the sale alive

7 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

as the father of a brownie, they do quite well with that and the online ordering program. In many ways, it has helped keep the sale alive

Gotta be safer for the Scouts too.... 

10 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

I am laughing, picturing Mr. Ream carting those crates and crates worth of Do-si-dos and Tag-a-longs. (as with the other hand he continues his zillionth post here.)

Pass the Thin Mints please*

sayeth this Uncle of several neices and whose diabetic doctor forbids him from eating even one such cookie. Thus endeth the post.

11 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

i agree. it's a way to push out dissenters, and maybe even younger alums who aren't happy.

Personally, I'd take it as a rallying cry, get as many older alumni to pony up, just so they can vote as a bloc

Probably impossible considering they moved the annual meeting back a month to accommodate a change by Chris Komnick’s rubber stamp to change the by-laws to allow him to submit his proxy votes. It’s another ####### ploy to by the inept Chris Komnick and the worst board in the activity. Nothing will change until the corps folds,  as those in charge are unwilling to change, and they’ve made it virtually impossible to oust them. It’s beyond sad and horrifying. 

On 11/26/2019 at 7:29 AM, wilder1966 said:

And so once again we are enlightened

by our resident know it all.  How did DC

ever get by without you? 

Seems to me he was merely stating the obvious. But why don’t You go ahead and educate us about how Kilties failed. Put up or shut up, know what I mean brah?

• Like 2

21 hours ago, FlamMan said:

Why would they want to push out the "old alumni"? They're the guys with more disposable income. I suppose the answer is the oldsters are the ones who are fed up and want change.

None of this sounds good for the future of the Madison Scouts/Scoutettes.

I cant contribute to this regime.

No one is accusing them of being the brightest bulb on the string. My guess is they feel threatened. Self first. Corps second. A real formula for success. BTW that’s sarcasm.