Madison Scouts 2020

26 minutes ago, Slingerland said:

Treating each other respectfully is something that will obviously be faked for the sake of news articles, got it. 😎

That's not what I mean- I am just saying the change will be the focus front and center every opportunity possible.  It sounds like the Scouts are fine, and I sincerely hope so.  I expect to only hear one side of the story, however.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Guitar1974 said:

That's not what I mean- I am just saying the change will be the focus front and center every opportunity possible.  It sounds like the Scouts are fine, and I sincerely hope so.  I expect to only hear one side of the story, however.

Scouts have not been fine for years. With no change in executive leadership I expect more of the same. The addition of female members is just a cynical attempt to divert your attention. 

33 minutes ago, Guitar1974 said:

I’m curious, what’s the other side of the story?

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Guitar1974 said:

The woke crowd is ascending on our beloved activity. This is a bigger threat to the activity than the standard issues everyone complains about on here.

46 minutes ago, Brian Tuma said:

I’m curious, what’s the other side of the story?

On second thought, you're right.  The DCI reports do state that everyone just absolutely loves the new improved Scouts.  All couldn't be more hunky dory apparently.  The Scouts are 100% better off thanks to these awesome changes and there is no alternate point of view to these giant changes.  

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Guitar1974 said:

On second thought, you're right.  The DCI reports do state that everyone just absolutely loves the new improved Scouts.  All couldn't be more hunky dory apparently.  The Scouts are 100% better off thanks to these awesome changes and there is no alternate point of view to these giant changes.  

How can I be right when I never made a claim? Lol

Your attempt at sarcasm comes off more like histrionics. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Brian Tuma said:

How can I be right when I never made a claim? Lol

Your attempt at sarcasm comes off more like histrionics. 

Darn, I was going for BOTH histrionic AND sarcastic!  At least give me credit at attempting both!

...Okay now maybe that was a little overly sarcastic... 

As long as Scouts go back to blowing down the stands then I'm sound as a pound.  I truly hope it is all super awesome as DCI is reporting.  Seems a little simplistic to me given the huge controversial changes but I truly hope the best for them.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Guitar1974 said:

This will make the fall of the roman empire look like a pillow fight.  Cant wait for the laughs, let mayhem reign!

6 hours ago, gbass598 said:

This is not meant to be a negative in any way but it certainly feels like the Scouts and making sure to feature females auditioning in every photo I see online from their camps. Maybe they really have a ton trying out but they seem to be the focus of attention in everything on social media.

and it's a move that's both smart....and divisive. But they do have a bunch of females auditioning

• Like 2