Madison Scouts 2020

9 hours ago, endy29 said:

Weedy, you are wasting your breath.  They are blinded by their own hatred and bitterness and you will never convince them otherwise.  A very wise man once said that in a debate, whomever resorts to insults and slurs is the loser, because he can't make his position without them.   Bet we see a lot of each in the replies.

Nope. CK's results and failures speak for themself.

15 hours ago, Slingerland said:

The failure last year was in listening to their alums and thinking that going back to a staff member from the 1970s would somehow unlock potential. The time-honored way to re-build is to locate talent that is over-achieving in less-then-perfect conditions and then give them time to coalesce as a team and establish an identity. Money to invest in the right talent is part of the equation, time is the other most important element.

the time honored way hasn't been en vogue for a long time now. 

Wow there is so much controversy on this board about the Madison Scouts.  Honestly it's very disheartening to read.  I just want to give my perspective. I'm a mom of a 2019 Madison Scout.  My son loved his rookie year as a Scout.  For him it wasn't about the final score or making it into finals or anything else that everyone keeps posting on this board.  It was about the friendships he created the bonds he made with his fellow Scout members that will last a lifetime for him.  He learned to be responsible and that with hard work you can achieve great things.   He learned a lot last summer and honestly more than I could have taught him being his mom.  

He was devastated when his fellow Scout member passed away a few months ago.  The true meaning of friendship and supporting your fellow brothers really hit home to him when he got the news.  Those are life lessons.  

When I asked him about trying out for other corps this season he did think about it.  Several of his brothers from 2019 have gone to other corps.  Not my son.  He wants to return to the Scouts.  To him it's not about finals, it's not about the scoresheet, and it's not about all the controversy this board talks about.  I actually hope he never reads this board.  It's about how he was treated last summer,  it's about finding his friendships with the brotherhood of the Scouts and it's about an experience that few of us with ever know.  I'm just a mom of a Scout.  I know nothing about the Board of Directors or alumni or even really much about the staff.  All I know if my son absolutely loves his Scout family.  As I write this he is on his way from Dallas, Texas to the callback tryout in Indianapolis.  He is nervous but he is proudly wearing his Scouts jacket as he boards the plan this morning.  

The future of the Scouts may be in question but from my prospective as a mom of a Scout, it's not about all this controversy on this board.  It's about raising my young man to care about others, being open to others who are different than you and for making friendships with others from across the country.  I hope he has a great weekend in Indy and comes home as a 2020 Madison Scout. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

On 12/20/2019 at 10:45 AM, Kelly Mires said:

Wow there is so much controversy on this board about the Madison Scouts.  Honestly it's very disheartening to read.  I just want to give my perspective. I'm a mom of a 2019 Madison Scout.  My son loved his rookie year as a Scout.  For him it wasn't about the final score or making it into finals or anything else that everyone keeps posting on this board.  It was about the friendships he created the bonds he made with his fellow Scout members that will last a lifetime for him.  He learned to be responsible and that with hard work you can achieve great things.   He learned a lot last summer and honestly more than I could have taught him being his mom.  

He was devastated when his fellow Scout member passed away a few months ago.  The true meaning of friendship and supporting your fellow brothers really hit home to him when he got the news.  Those are life lessons.  

When I asked him about trying out for other corps this season he did think about it.  Several of his brothers from 2019 have gone to other corps.  Not my son.  He wants to return to the Scouts.  To him it's not about finals, it's not about the scoresheet, and it's not about all the controversy this board talks about.  I actually hope he never reads this board.  It's about how he was treated last summer,  it's about finding his friendships with the brotherhood of the Scouts and it's about an experience that few of us with ever know.  I'm just a mom of a Scout.  I know nothing about the Board of Directors or alumni or even really much about the staff.  All I know if my son absolutely loves his Scout family.  As I write this he is on his way from Dallas, Texas to the callback tryout in Indianapolis.  He is nervous but he is proudly wearing his Scouts jacket as he boards the plan this morning.  

The future of the Scouts may be in question but from my prospective as a mom of a Scout, it's not about all this controversy on this board.  It's about raising my young man to care about others, being open to others who are different than you and for making friendships with others from across the country.  I hope he has a great weekend in Indy and comes home as a 2020 Madison Scout. 

As a parent and grandparent I  fully understand your post..sometimes it's not about winning, but rather, being put in a winning situation..I hope your son is put in that situation in 2020...As long as the corps serves his best interests, so be it..Good luck!..peace

• Like 1

14 hours ago, dans said:

Wow, that's amazing. There has never been a woman drum major in DCI. This is a major development! Sarcasm off.

has BD ever had one?

14 hours ago, kdaddy said:

According to the Twitter, three women will be conducting the Madison Scouts next summer. 👀

👏👏

(cue cardiac arrests among many alums)

Why is this NOT an un-expected surprise?

• Like 1