Madison Scouts 2020

On 12/22/2019 at 7:46 PM, kdaddy said:

According to the Twitter, three women will be conducting the Madison Scouts next summer. 👀

👏👏

(cue cardiac arrests among many alums)

so far i've seen a lot of silence. maybe people are holding back for the Holidays

• Haha 2

I know Dans was being sarcastic about “DCI has never had a female dm”...but it got me thinking

of some great ones over the years that led with charisma and talent....Kristi Spears Phantom 96-97,

Catherine Clarke BD 91,  Marcia Hanson Phantom 83-84, Becky Woods Star 85-87?, Ashley Tappen Star 90?

Any I’m forgetting?

19 minutes ago, JeffreyJK68 said:

I know Dans was being sarcastic about “DCI has never had a female dm”...but it got me thinking

of some great ones over the years that led with charisma and talent....Kristi Spears Phantom 96-97,

Catherine Clarke BD 91,  Marcia Hanson Phantom 83-84, Becky Woods Star 85-87?, Ashley Tappen Star 90?

Any I’m forgetting?

I would add Pioneer drum major Jackie Hirn to the list as far as leadership is concerned. I imagine she had her hands full keeping up morale during the ‘18 season. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, JeffreyJK68 said:

Any I’m forgetting?

A current great - Savannah Light, Troopers!

8 hours ago, JeffreyJK68 said:

Any I’m forgetting?

It does really seem odd to me that some would have issues with a female drum major. There have been some amazing female drum majors through the years!

10 hours ago, JeffreyJK68 said:

Any I’m forgetting?

Actually thee are a bunch more..be interesting to see a full list 

other corps with female DMs 

Crossmen,  Spirit of Atlanta, Oregon Crusaders, Cadets.....