Madison Scouts 2020

Fine, Mike. We can refer to Vicky Drummond (Blue Rock) as drum major or majorette. My references to the 40's, 50's, 60' are often related to my knowledge from my dad marching with the Polish Falcons of BROOKLYN, NY. Also frequent references to Audubon Bob-Bons "majorette", etc. ( unofficial morphing not withstanding).

I've heard drum major and field conductor, but never heard drum majorette. It's probably been a 50/50 mix of male / female drum majors for me.

3 hours ago, denverjohn said:

Fine, Mike. We can refer to Vicky Drummond (Blue Rock) as drum major or majorette. My references to the 40's, 50's, 60' are often related to my knowledge from my dad marching with the Polish Falcons of BROOKLYN, NY. Also frequent references to Audubon Bob-Bons "majorette", etc. ( unofficial morphing not withstanding).

Oh, I agree that back then the term was absolutely used that way. You and I marched in the same era....together in the same corps!

My reference is to thinking about the term in the more recent era. No problem!

1 hour ago, JohnZ said:

the discussion has veered way off from any drum corps relevance - if it continues the thread will be closed....let's not, please.

Looks like you've been busy JZ deleting a bunch of posts.  Welcome back.

• Like 1

It's been crickets in here. Does anyone have some insight regarding what is happening in Madison?

Just now, MikeN said:

I can’t think why people would be hesitant.

Mike

and they haven't had a camp for a few weeks

• Like 1

16 hours ago, FlamMan said:

It's been crickets in here. Does anyone have some insight regarding what is happening in Madison?

Good things 😉