Madison Scouts 2020

49 minutes ago, GREENBLUE said:

Totally agree. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. The Madison Scouts would’ve never adopted the all inclusive, non discrimination female policy if they were consistently in the top twelve. To even place a slight blame on the “all male” aspect is ridiculous. All the females in DCI couldnt have fixed the show designs from the past few seasons.

Exactly.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, weedyweidenthal said:

Simply being included in a group of people that misinterpreted a message doesn't make the interpretation correct or accurate. The wording also could be in part due to the fact that the Scouts were accused of discrimination by an alumnus who wrote an article that got a lot of attention right around the same time that this process started. Is it not possible that after being accused, that the directors would go through a process of self evaluation and think "You know... I never thought about this but we ARE being discriminatory and I'm not comfortable with that being part of the legacy of this drum corps any longer." Better yet, why not just ask Chris or Dann how they feel personally about it and if the Madison Scouts have a stance on the issue? I guess actually seeking information isn't as much fun as accusing people of acting in bad faith.

was it misinterpreted? as no follow up comment ever camr from the organization or DCI, one can't assume. often when making a statement that can be misconstrued, clarifying statements are made, if nothing else to clear the air. none were made.

also, there are private organizations. they can do as they wish and it's legal to do so. 

• Like 1

For what it's worth, I was in favor of the corps staying all-male. I'm still coming around to the idea of a co-ed Madison Scouts. However, I also know Chris and Dann pretty well and the lengths that some people are going to to accuse them of various acts is ridiculous. It's really easy to send either one of them an e-mail and get answers to your questions.

ignored when asked for a clarifucation in July.

5 hours ago, Mello Dude said:

I could have bet the house the drum major this year was going to be female.  Let's be honest, the Scouts made this decision to stop people pointing at the dumpster fire that really nothing to do with being all male or coed.

Exactly. The coed move was made solely to deflect.

• Thanks 1

Nah, you’re dead wrong but you don’t want to actually get facts and discover that to be true. You want to hide behind a screen name speculating about a youth activity and make statements like this that are detrimental to the organization because you enjoy the controversy... otherwise, you would seek first hand information. What a pathetic way to live.

The Madison Scouts BOD and organization are what is detrimental to their organization. The "CEO" is the problem and those close to the Scouts will tell you that, especially those that have been stabbed in the back and lied to.

2 hours ago, tesmusic said:

Are you then saying, that by design any organization that has parameters is discriminatory policies? Honest question here, did you participate in Greek life in college? I did not, but would then say that the whole fraternity/sorority concept is discriminatory? Is DCI discriminatory due to their age limits? I actually have zero issue with the corps going coed, but the notion that for 81 The corps was discriminatory, which seems to be something you may believe by stating that being all-male was discriminatory seems like a stretch to me.

Hooters discriminates against Men!!! and The Rockettes too!!!

2 hours ago, tesmusic said:

Correct, on all counts. The lack of competitive success had NOTHING to do with gender policies. It lies on inept leadership, and the lack of those leaders to put together, and retain a quality staff and veteran members. 

Certainly going coed opens up the ranks to more talent on the surface, but if you take a show like 2018, and they had been coed, the corps still would not have faired well in competition, for example. 

What should have happened years ago, was the board/admin doing a more effective job, plain and simple.

And the Scouts gave the clown show "CEO" a contract extension. Unreal.

42 minutes ago, FlamMan said:

And the Scouts gave the clown show "CEO" a contract extension. Unreal.

Hence the reason I will no longer purchase souvenirs nor donate until I can trust that this making financial decisions are people I can trust to spend my money. 

46 minutes ago, FlamMan said:

Hooters discriminates against Men!!! and The Rockettes too!!!

or Crossmens guard last year. dozens of corps discriminate against cymbal players

48 minutes ago, FlamMan said:

The Madison Scouts BOD and organization are what is detrimental to their organization. The "CEO" is the problem and those close to the Scouts will tell you that, especially those that have been stabbed in the back and lied to.

As well as bar people from posting in alumni groups, and talk trash about anyone who has a dissenting view. Several of those in charge are thought of as stand up guys, and behind closed doors are not.