Madison Scouts 2020

2 hours ago, wilder1966 said:

A strong come back is a good story, but it does not excuse the false narrative that was conveyed in the announcement

When deception defines the moment, you don't get a free pass to victory. It's most upsetting they thought this would fool anyone, and it disrespected the alumni and their present staff.

Nor the ineptitude of the board and admin on many fronts, over many years.

• Haha 1

On 1/13/2020 at 9:22 PM, Jeff Ream said:

hiya! just got on dcp for the first time all day...sorry real life held your need up

non-discrimination...so by being all male, like cavies,...they discriminated.

He said being all-male is “one of those traditions that kept on long past its prime.”...and even mentions cavies later below

https://www.channel3000.com/some-madison-scouts-drum-bugle-corps-alumni-withdraw-support-most-support-decision-to-allow-women/

Hmmm. Cavies aren't going to change their status. They already have two other co-ed groups in their organization.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, jjeffeory said:

Hmmm. Cavies aren't going to change their status. They already have two other co-ed groups in their organization.

Madison did too, but then cut their SoundSport and WGI Winds group, because, yea...they can’t run #### currently.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, tesmusic said:

Nor the ineptitude of the board and admin on many fronts, over many years.

So the Scouts leadership and board manage to provide the members with a safe and quality drum corps experience, feed them well and avoid any of the scandals currently affixed to other, more "succesful" organizations. No rumors of crippling debt or lawsuits.

I find it difficult to term their tenure as inept.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Algernon said:

So the Scouts leadership and board manage to provide the members with a safe and quality drum corps experience, feed them well and avoid any of the scandals currently affixed to other, more "succesful" organizations. No rumors of crippling debt or lawsuits.

there's been rumors of debt, but nothing confirmed

1 hour ago, Algernon said:

There have been debts for many years, pay attention a little more on that, as you’ve clearly missed them. I agree that the environment is safe, however they have failed to put a consistent staff together, quality design, and competitive success. If you look at the placements and quality of programming since 2008, and compare that to the success with the judges and fans of the Sal Salas era, or the Scott Stewart era, the results are a failure. The Jim Mason years helped, including the 2015 corps that moved up, but the rest is a major disappointment. 

You can call the CK eta whatever you’d like, but I’d calm them inept, and the era a failure.

Their competitive average of placements from 2008-2019 is 11.8333. How is that a success. They are no longer a destination corps, but merely a feeder corps for others. They gave so much turnover on staff and membership. Last year they were asking for cut lists from other corps, when they used to share theirs with others to help. In June if 2019 they begged guard members from previous years that did not come back to fill holes because they started move in’s with less than 75% of the guard spots filled.

But yeah, they’re a total success because they are fed well and there’s no scandals. Who cares how they’re doing from a performance standpoint, right?

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

there's been rumors of debt, but nothing confirmed

They haven’t shred publicly but the debt is a fact. 

• Haha 1

Tesmusic nailed it there, and I couldn't agree more with that assessment of the currently led era.  In professional sports, as in life and business, our success is measured and graded at every turn in the road.  It is impossible to look back at this era and see much, if anything that spells success.  Yes, Jim Mason was a blessing, and brought about a new hope during his tenure.  It has become the expected by now that no good deed goes unpunished in this current MS leadership regime.  2019 is no exception, where the blame, and terminations continue to divert all attention away from the failed leadership team.  The naysayers are quick to condemn any post that looks back as unprogressive, and useless banter.  When I look back at this organizations incredible history, I have to ask "what was wrong with this in the first place"?  It's a no brainer, nothing.    

Edited by wilder1966
poor grammar
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Algernon said:

16th place then 17th place out of what - 20 world class corps?  Yeah, I guess if competitive results don’t matter it’s been a smashing success. Only problem is, competitive results Do matter. Quite a lot. But hey the bus didn’t run out of gas, so there’s that. 

• Haha 1