Madison Scouts 2020

54 minutes ago, madisonsmiley said:

What happens at camp and on the competition field are important and are a result of what happens in the board room and front office. The Scouts will continue to tread water or sink further if the major problems they have there are not addressed. It's important to be able to have civil conversations about these even if we may disagree. 

I’m not saying these discussions should cease and should be swept under the rug I’m not saying that at all.  What I am saying this should be happening in a different topic/thread.   Is that so unreasonable?  If so please explain . 

Edited by Triple Forte
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Triple Forte said:

I’m not saying these discussions should cease and should be swept under the rug I’m not saying that at all.  What I am saying this should be happening in a different topic/thread.   Is that so unreasonable?  If so please explain . 

cause it'd be deemed a duplicate thread

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

cause it'd be deemed a duplicate thread

With all due respect Jeff this topic/thread is basically Madison Scouts 2019 part 2 of 2 . 
 So to be more logical why don’t we have the poster remove the year from the title and have it just say Madison Scouts? 
Why bother putting the year if the topic/thread is going to host discussions about anything and everything in the history of the corps? 
Just put a note here saying all discussions are going to be continued at topic X 
In the thresd/topic Starting with page X we’re going to allow 2020 only discussions
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Triple Forte said:

With all due respect Jeff this topic/thread is basically Madison Scouts 2019 part 2 of 2 . 
 So to be more logical why don’t we have the poster remove the year from the title and have it just say Madison Scouts? 
Why bother putting the year if the topic/thread is going to host discussions about anything and everything in the history of the corps? 
Just put a note here saying all discussions are going to be continued at topic X 
In the thresd/topic Starting with page X we’re going to allow 2020 only discussions

I agree!! 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Triple Forte said:

Why is this bothering you so much?  You aren’t forced to read it. And I see nothing in here that’s irrelevant or any worse than in other threads such as Cadets. If you have new good information to share, share it. Versus trying to shut down other voices. Which is what you’re doing with the - go start a different thread -  thing. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

It all affects the Scouts today... which is 2020....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Triple Forte said:

and the Cadets thread could still be from 8 years ago. i only stated that because i have seen how its been handled before in other threads. 

• Like 2

On 1/21/2020 at 2:55 PM, Triple Forte said:

Why does this bother you so much? This is a discussion board. Things are said and opinions are posted. If you are sensitive to this then perhaps ignore this thread.

Edited by FlamMan
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Triple Forte said:

Perhaps it is as we're not the gatekeepers of this thread, which is Madison Scouts 2020. If one wants to just read comments about a subset of Scouts' related topics, such as camps or the field show, why not start a thread on those topics?

Edited by madisonsmiley

6 hours ago, madisonsmiley said:

Perhaps it is as we're not the gatekeepers of this thread, which is Madison Scouts 2020. If one wants to just read comments about a subset of Scouts' related topics, such as camps or the field show, why not start a thread on those topics?

see my earlier reply. look at DCP history