Madison Scouts 2020

2 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

good to see $200 grand in debt gone

Yeah never underestimate the value of survival...

• Like 1

Who knows The Scouts could be top ten this year in their first year of coed existence.

2 hours ago, Madcityscout said:

Who knows The Scouts could be top ten this year in their first year of coed existence.

Sure, if eight corps ahead of them fold. Hey, could happen. 

1 hour ago, HockeyDad said:

Sure, if eight corps ahead of them fold. Hey, could happen. 

People were saying the same thing about us in 2010 before the show announcement. After the show announcement it got even worse. No need for the negativity. Jason has done a great job keeping everyone up to date with the progress and will offer reasonable critiques of certain areas when he does so. It sounds like things are going pretty well and knowing how dedicated Jason is to honing his skills and analyzing himself as an educator, there’s reasons to be optimistic.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, weedyweidenthal said:

People were saying the same thing about us in 2010 before the show announcement. After the show announcement it got even worse. No need for the negativity. Jason has done a great job keeping everyone up to date with the progress and will offer reasonable critiques of certain areas when he does so. It sounds like things are going pretty well and knowing how dedicated Jason is to honing his skills and analyzing himself as an educator, there’s reasons to be optimistic.

Top ten?  Not a reasonable critique. 16th place in 2018, 17th place in 2019. Jumps from there to top ten simply do not happen in this era. Enthusiasm and optimism are great. So is realism. 

Just now, HockeyDad said:

Top ten?  Not a reasonable critique. 16th place in 2018, 17th place in 2019. Jumps from there to top ten simply do not happen in this era. Enthusiasm and optimism are great. So is realism. 

Those jumps don’t happen without changes. The biggest problem a year ago was the design... there’s a new design team this year (and personally I have much greater confidence in the new program coordinator). I’m not saying it will happen but I certainly wouldn’t be willing to say that 8 corps have to fold to make it happen either. But more importantly, there’s just no reason for the negativity that prompted this exchange. Also, in 2010 we were coming off a 15th place season and had just performed a terrible show that coincided with a rough season for the members resulting in very few vets and a huge amount of guys that had never marched in any corps prior to 2010.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, weedyweidenthal said:

Those jumps don’t happen without changes. The biggest problem a year ago was the design... there’s a new design team this year (and personally I have much greater confidence in the new program coordinator). I’m not saying it will happen but I certainly wouldn’t be willing to say that 8 corps have to fold to make it happen either. But more importantly, there’s just no reason for the negativity that prompted this exchange. Also, in 2010 we were coming off a 15th place season and had just performed a terrible show that coincided with a rough season for the members resulting in very few vets and a huge amount of guys that had never marched in any corps prior to 2010.

There’s no reason?  That’s laughable. I’ll give you two reasons. CK and DP. They are not up to the job. 

Edited by HockeyDad
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, weedyweidenthal said:

Isn’t it also reasonable to assume they might fall further?  There are plenty of corps behind them with aspirations of grandeur.

13 minutes ago, WaxDCIFan said:

Isn’t it also reasonable to assume they might fall further?  There are plenty of corps behind them with aspirations of grandeur.

Sure it could happen. I don’t believe it will, but we are 6 months away from the season, so I suppose time will tell.