Madison Scouts 2020

Also-why such a drop in their programming expenses? Here's the conspiracy theorist in me, but having that much of a drop in expenses looks to me like they may have been purposely tanking last season, so that they could make going coed seem like the only option for the corps. Again, just the conspiracy theorist in me, but seems suspect.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

Oh great!  Digging complete!  We found you - you’re in the know!  So here’s the question  - how much has debt been reduced since 1/28/2019?

Thanks in advance for your answer!

Since 1/28/2019 from what I heard in the room was right around $200,000. 

That was the number. Now you have to be a lawyer, accountant, and probably the Executive Director to figure out exactly how they come up with these numbers. I am just a fan, Alumni, and generally a dude that wants to show I care. 

Did you see that the Corps is going coed?

Go Madison Scouts!

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, tesmusic said:

Also-why such a drop in their programming expenses? Here's the conspiracy theorist in me, but having that much of a drop in expenses looks to me like they may have been purposely tanking last season, so that they could make going coed seem like the only option for the corps. Again, just the conspiracy theorist in me, but seems suspect.

Very observant and good point. I also wondered about their motivation for the programming budget cuts 2019 vis a vi their administrative payroll expenses in order to deliver a surplus at the end of the year. My understanding is the alumni tried to raise money for programming expenses, specifically props, and management refused to accept the donations for props. 

47 minutes ago, thirdcoast said:

Did you see that the Corps is going coed?

Go Madison Scouts!

Yes I noted their desperate attempt to divert attention away from their on field failures. Abandoning identity is sure to help. That’s sarcasm. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

Haha sure. 35 years ago. Kinda supports my assertion that in today’s environment that just doesn’t happen. 
I would be super happy to be proven wrong. I don’t see it happening however. 

I think you will be proven wrong. There - I said it. 

The top 17 35 years ago wasn't even all full size touring corps - there was a mile of difference even between 12th and 17th - let alone top couple vs. top six vs. bottom six. You know this

I sit at modern day semifinals and think - "this is 17th!!??" 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, tesmusic said:

well another honest explanation could be they wanted to spend less to decrease debt - which it seems like they have

I saw the "going coed" a decade ago - remember their coed corps in the organization - very huge draw for them at the time. Perhaps they sensed a NEED in their geography and want to service it.

1 hour ago, George Dixon said:

I saw the "going coed" a decade ago - remember their coed corps in the organization - very huge draw for them at the time. Perhaps they sensed a NEED in their geography and want to service it.

Indianapolis?  I don’t recall “filling a geographical need” being one of the reasons cited for going coed. 

14 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

Indianapolis?  I don’t recall “filling a geographical need” being one of the reasons cited for going coed. 

Huge numbers for scouts auditions this year! 

• Like 4

16 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

That was a pretty good non sequitur. Scouts went from 1st to 7th. Of course that’s not what we’re talking about. We’re talking about jumps up. When’s the last time a corps went from 17th to 10th?  

not saying it'll be easy...biggest jumps i could find recently was 4 spots, and the quality of 13-16 has grown a lot. moving up period is positive growth, and the staff has a 3 year guarantee, something not offered for a while...never a chance to build on anything.

like the Cadets or Phantom, the drop didn't happen overnight....and neither will the rebuild. but it is ok to shoot for the moon

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

not saying it'll be easy...biggest jumps i could find recently was 4 spots, and the quality of 13-16 has grown a lot. moving up period is positive growth, and the staff has a 3 year guarantee, something not offered for a while...never a chance to build on anything.

like the Cadets or Phantom, the drop didn't happen overnight....and neither will the rebuild. but it is ok to shoot for the moon

BAC jumped 6 places from 2016-2017, PC 6 places from 2018-19, and Spirit 5 places from 2017-18. Not saying that Scouts will in 2020, but big leaps have happened in the last few years.

Edited by kalad's_phantoms_regiment
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1